Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,141   Online: 1114

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Mount board order received. Mounting completed. Mats to be cut this week. Shipping by Mon, March 17th??

Ken
    You're making me look bad...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Made prints last night, but didn't have time to tone. Should get done and out the door by next weekend, I hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mount board order received. Mounting completed. Mats to be cut this week. Shipping by Mon, March 17th??
    Well... THAT didn't happen... The cutting did... But the shipping didn't...

Someday, I'm going to fake my own death, resurface as a new person, and have all of my time to myself.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My print is finally ready. I'm gonna make a sturdy package tonight and will post it tomorrow. Delivery across the ocean: about two weeks??
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Same here. My print is done, toned and flattened. I should be able to ship real soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine is toned, washed, and dried. Dunno about flattened - I suck at getting them flat without them coming out of my press with a weird hard to fix corrugated effect. I may have it professionally mounted, but in any case it should ship soon.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    My print is finally ready. I'm gonna make a sturdy package tonight and will post it tomorrow. Delivery across the ocean: about two weeks??
    I made a parcel out of three layers of sturdy cardboard, included a nice letter and it's in the mail today, across the ocean to in the USA. I'll send it with Air Mail, but it might take two weeks to arrive. I hope the recipient likes it. I'll post my image here after he/she confirmed the save arrival of the image.

BTW:
    I decided not to board the image (is that the right word in English??). At first I planned to - to make it sturdy during shipment - so I asked the photo lab what to do. But he said it would immediately limit the recipients options to choose how to frame, hang or store the image. So I didn't.
    What do you think?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By "board" do you mean "mount"? As in using a dry mount press?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    By "board" do you mean "mount"? As in using a dry mount press?

Ken
    Yea I think that's what he means. I think it would be nice if it were an extra large board, as in, give excess space to the edges (6 inches or more?) and allow the recipient to cut it down to the size for the frame they want. Any framer could easily cut it down even with the image inside. However it's also a matter of how much the presentation is important to you, like, if you believe this photo should go with a certain type of frame, color, size, as well as matting, and that's how you want your image to be presented to the world, both in their home as part of the body of your work, then you should choose not only the matte board, but also the frame, if you don't care and you're just making sure it's sturdy for shipping, you could mount it with cloth tape instead of dry mounting it, and let the recipient decide if they want to hard mount it or not.

Either way you're ahead of me, I thought I would have this image done by now but I haven't, soon!!!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not quite the last to send....

My offering is in the post today winging its way to some far flung spot on the map.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin