Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,567   Online: 1069

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

rec'd from mark sauerwald...

whoa! winchester cathedral - handheld, 1 second! sharp, dramatic, and well done. very impressive... thank you.

jvo

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    By "board" do you mean "mount"? As in using a dry mount press?
    Ken
    I mean a foam board to "glue" the image onto, often about 3 - 10 mm thick.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I mean a foam board to "glue" the image onto, often about 3 - 10 mm thick.
    Hi Bert,

As you already found out last round, I personally prefer to dry mount and custom matte all of my submissions. I just think it's the best possible presentation. I figure that if someone thinks the mount is too large, they can cut it down. And if they just hate the picture, they can toss it and keep the matte for use with their own pictures.

It does also add a little weight to the package. But really not so much.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    whoa! winchester cathedral - handheld, 1 second! sharp, dramatic, and well done. very impressive... thank you.

jvo
    Jim- Thank you. Only sort of handheld. I used a TLR, with a strap around my neck, the camera against my gut, and my back leaning against a wall. There were no tripods allowed in the cathedral....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Same here. My print is done, toned and flattened. I should be able to ship real soon.
    And after another week of procrastination, the prints are mailed! Unfortunately, I forgot to scan the prints, so I've got nothing to upload to the gallery.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    And after another week of procrastination, the prints are mailed! Unfortunately, I forgot to scan the prints, so I've got nothing to upload to the gallery.
    Ahhh! Hah! Perhaps your charge will have the ability and the kindness
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just returned from the post office. My print is in the mail.

And when I got home I found that the post it note I had attached to the front of the Ilford MGWT box I shipped the print in, the one saying, "Finished print only, safe to open in room light" had fallen off. I presume anyone getting the package would know this but in case someone is puzzled by getting what appears to be a mostly empty box of paper from me (I didn't put anything about print exchange on the outside) never fear room light, it was just a convenient rigid box to ship the print in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn it Roger. You whipped my butt in this round...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You're all beating me!... Ugh
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mailed my print yesterday.
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin