Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,241   Online: 773

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi all,
    I tried to keep tabs on everything, so I made a list of "Sent" and "Received" images. Please let me know if I missed anything.
    Bert from Holland

Name Sent Received
    Christopher Walrath sent
    Katie
    AndreasT sent received
    TheToadMen sent
    anikin sent
    StoneNYC
    andreios sent received
    ataim
    (S) piu58 sent received
    Mark_S sent received
    paul_c5x4 sent
    mjs sent
    megzdad81
    dasBlute sent
    JimO received
    Roger Cole sent
    (R) Dali sent received
    Ken Nadvornick
    Kc2edh
    BirgerA
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Mailed my print yesterday.
    And it already arrived! I assume it is from you

I got an interesting photo of a baseball little league, or more precisely, their feet and shoes . Pretty cool composition!

Thank you, Nicolas!

Shooter
    Medium Format

today...

mine went out today... officially late... does my heart being in the right place count for anything????

(please excuse my tardiness...)

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My package is in the mail, and will arrive Thursday. Hallelujah! According to Bert's chart, I'm not the last one (again).

I tried to atone for missing the deadline by a day by sending it via Priority 2-day delivery service. Of course, it helped that the price difference between 7-day and 2-day delivery was only about a dollar. But still...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-01-2014 at 07:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE - ROUND 19 (BPX19) Status and Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    My package is in the mail, and will arrive Thursday. Hallelujah! According to Bert's chart, I'm not the last one (again).

I tried to atone for missing the deadline by sending it via Priority 2-day delivery service. Of course, it helped that the price difference between 7-day and 2-day delivery was only about a dollar. But still...

Ken
    Blah....

That's all I can say...

I have issues... Lol I want to get it out so I can sign up for the new one and also because I hate being the last one.

Soon I keep saying but I mean it!!

I'll make up for it by making a spectacular print happen

At least I haven't received mine, that would make me feel worse about not getting it out... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If your image is received, please upload your image to the gallery and post it here so everyone can see all the beautiful images of in this BPX19.
    The gallery for BPX: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browseimages.php?c=512 (don't forget to mention BPX19) in the title). If you didn't scan the image yourself, please ask the recipient AFTER he mentioned here he received the image.
    Thanks,
    Bert
    BTW: if you received an image, let us now here.
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Er, got a little problem with that. I have other, identical copies of the print (including one mounted, matted and framed) but they are all on 11x14 paper. I don't have a scanner capable of scanning them. I'd literally have to make another, smaller print in order to scan the image I sent. I have a SIMILAR image from the same negative, different toning. I could simulate the tone with unspeakable black magic (Photoshop)....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Er, got a little problem with that. I have other, identical copies of the print (including one mounted, matted and framed) but they are all on 11x14 paper. I don't have a scanner capable of scanning them. I'd literally have to make another, smaller print in order to scan the image I sent. I have a SIMILAR image from the same negative, different toning. I could simulate the tone with unspeakable black magic (Photoshop)....
    Roger.

I recently started shooting 11 x 14 x-ray negatives with a pinhole box camera.

Seeing as how I don't print optically, I had to figure out a way to get them onto the computer for myself and for sharing the images, so what I ended up doing is learning how to combine images on the computer. It's fairly easy if you own the newer photoshop. And I won't go into it here, however, if you want, you can scan the images in two or three sections, or however many sections it takes for your particular scanner to get all of the area, and then I will combine them for you if you send them to me.

Just be sure that when setting your information on the scanner, that you keep all of the black and white point numbers (histogram?) the same for each scan so they match.

For the Epson software histogram points I mean are these...

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Hi Roger,
    I had the same problem with a paper negative size 20x24" for the previous MSA on APUG.
    And this was my solution:

Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I have tried to make a better photo of the negative, since I can't scan 20x24 inch negatives. But there was always the problem of reflections. This is glossy Ilford photo paper. Lesson learned: don't use glossy paper for paper negatives.

The best try was my daughter holding the negative and have her moving around the room until there were (almost) no reflections:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daughter-holding-20x24-pos_8754.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	85446 and using Photoshop to make negative positive: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daughter-holding-20x24_8754.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	85447

Maybe this will also help you to get an idea of the size of this negative.

I made a close up shots to show you more details:
    Attachment 83359 blow up section: Attachment 83360

The image is rather sharp, but not as sharp as I hoped for (even for pinhole). But this may be due to the fact that the camera is very light and very big and might have been moved by wind during the 4 hours exposure. I'll make a still life scene indoors and shoot it with this camera to test it.
    (source: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum195/...ml#post1617495)
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can certainly take a picture of the print. Or, for that matter, I hope to have some time to print this weekend and I'll just make a smaller version I can scan. I suppose I could scan in sections, but I'm so "not a scanning person" I don't even follow Stone's comments about white points or whatever (and have only old versions of image programs, which still greatly exceed my knowledge about using them.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin