Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,704   Online: 814

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I can certainly take a picture of the print. Or, for that matter, I hope to have some time to print this weekend and I'll just make a smaller version I can scan. I suppose I could scan in sections, but I'm so "not a scanning person" I don't even follow Stone's comments about white points or whatever (and have only old versions of image programs, which still greatly exceed my knowledge about using them.)

Just me I don't understand much either, the only thing I understand at all is the histogram area, even though I don't understand how to read the histogram, I certainly understand that if you're taking multiple scans of the same image, you have to make sure that they are all "exposed" at the same brightness level, that's all those numbers were on the scanner example I showed you, it's just about making sure if the scanner automatically adjusts per the light in the scene, if you're taking different sections it might actually change the numbers slightly and so you have to just make sure they're all fixed at the same number.

Think of it like making sure that when you're using an larger, that when you make 10 prints of the same image, that you make sure that each image is hit by the enlarger light for the same amount of time and developed at the same amount of time so that all of your prints match. This would be especially important doing something like a triptych...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I get that, just not 100% sure how to do it with what I have (using Vistascan with an Epson 3200 Photo scanner.)

But I'll see if I can't make a print on 8x10 paper this weekend that I can just scan directly. I could scan the negative with the transparency adapter but I know from experience I can at best get "somewhat similar" to how my wet print looks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My IMMENSE apologies.

Huge oopsies happened to me and spilled over everywhere, including APUG and the BPX.

The long and short of it all, new place to live, took a second job, enlarger on the blink, no internet except occasional visits to friends, like now.

So, I have received my print in the post and since I cannot participate I will be sending it along tomorrow to its new destination, my own assignment.

I do not foresee a change in my circumstance so I will not be able to commit to organizing future rounds.

I cannot begin to tell you all how bad I feel about being such an absentee organizer. This is not indicative of how things generally transpire here. This has been, BY FAR, the exception. Please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies. I now have to head for home. I'll be back on when I can.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Christopher, life happens and we can all understand, please be well, and I hope that your circumstances get better as soon as possible.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    My IMMENSE apologies.

Huge oopsies happened to me and spilled over everywhere, including APUG and the BPX.
    The long and short of it all, new place to live, took a second job, enlarger on the blink, no internet except occasional visits to friends, like now.
    So, I have received my print in the post and since I cannot participate I will be sending it along tomorrow to its new destination, my own assignment.
    I do not foresee a change in my circumstance so I will not be able to commit to organizing future rounds.

I cannot begin to tell you all how bad I feel about being such an absentee organizer. This is not indicative of how things generally transpire here. This has been, BY FAR, the exception. Please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies. I now have to head for home. I'll be back on when I can.
    Hello Christopher,
    Apologies accepted, but they weren't needed in the first place. We should thank you for all the things you already have done for APUG.
    But before you forward your received print, please read my PM's first!!
    Take your time to get things in order and you're always welcome to visit us now and again. And please don't feel bad. APUG is meant to enjoy yourself with others on photography, not to feel obligated at all.
    And if you like I can organize the next BPX for you to keep things going while you're away - and if the others don't mind.
    I wish you all the best and God's blessings.
    I'll say a prayer for you.
    Sincerely,
    Bert from Holland
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Roger,
    That would be nice. An other option is to send the print to me and I'll scan it.
    Just kidding. Posting an image is not an obligation. It's just to satisfy our curiosity to see what images were send this round. Looking at the pictures of others and reading the stories about it was what made me participate in the BPX in the first place.
    But it's also not obligated - but would be nice - to let the others know what one received and what one like about it. What kind of image is it, what did it make you think of, did it inspire you to do ..., etc.
    If one has the time for it, that is ...

Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I can certainly take a picture of the print. Or, for that matter, I hope to have some time to print this weekend and I'll just make a smaller version I can scan. I suppose I could scan in sections, but I'm so "not a scanning person" I don't even follow Stone's comments about white points or whatever (and have only old versions of image programs, which still greatly exceed my knowledge about using them.)
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

update and announcing BPX Round 20

Hi everyone,
    As we all have read, Christopher is not able at the moment to keep the BPX running. I'm volunteering to take over if that's all right with you all. If you think otherwise, just PM me.

As Christopher stated in the first post: "We have until 31MAR14 to print and send. Plenty of time but I encourage you to get it done promptly. Please post here regarding your print being sent and also remarks about any prints received by you. Praise is always a good thing. April is a break period and also signup for Round 20 which will begin 1May."

Well, we're not gonna complete this BPX before March, 31st, obviously. But that's all right. All those who haven't been able to send yet, just let us know if you'll be able to send the image - let's say - before April 21st?

If there is no objection, I could start the new BPX-20 thread to sign up in a week or so. This way the official start still is May, 1st.

Here is an update on BPX-19:

Name Sent Received
    Christopher Walrath sent received
    Katie
    AndreasT sent received
    TheToadMen sent
    anikin sent received
    StoneNYC
    andreios sent received
    ataim
    (S) piu58 sent received
    Mark_S sent received
    paul_c5x4 sent
    mjs sent
    megzdad81
    dasBlute sent
    JimO sent received
    Roger Cole sent
    (R) Dali sent received
    Ken Nadvornick sent
    Kc2edh
    BirgerA

Bert from Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Here we go, folks. Here is our lineup for this exchange.

Christopher Walrath
    Katie
    AndreasT
    TheToadMen
    anikin
    StoneNYC
    andreios
    ataim
    (S) piu58
    Mark_S
    paul_c5x4
    mjs
    megzdad81
    dasBlute
    JimO
    Roger Cole
    (R) Dali
    Ken Nadvornick
    Kc2edh
    BirgerA

I am preparing PMs for each of you. You will receive both your personal information that you provided to me for verification purposes. You will also receive the information provided by the person who has been selected to receive your print(s).

DO NOT SEND your prints until Monday, 6JAN14 at the earliest to allow time for corrections of addresses to be sent to me and thusly to you as well. We have until 31MAR14 to print and send. Plenty of time but I encourage you to get it done promptly. Please post here regarding your print being sent and also remarks about any prints received by you. Praise is always a good thing. April is a break period and also signup for Round 20 which will begin 1May.

So, with that, await your PMs and commence to talking. And off we go...
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds good Bert, I would start the new round, but mention in that thread that "you can't sign up here until you've completed the previous round for sending your print" so those who are behind don't "overwhelm" themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    And it already arrived! I assume it is from you

I got an interesting photo of a baseball little league, or more precisely, their feet and shoes . Pretty cool composition!

Thank you, Nicolas!
    Just in time!!! The print was ready weeks ago but work is killing me... I should already pack the print for the next round...
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I'm volunteering to take over if that's all right with you all. If you think otherwise, just PM me.
    I think that's a fine idea. I had already offered Chris to take it myself if he couldn't, just to make certain the BPX didn't die. But if you are interested and willing, then I'm more than happy to agree.

A question, though. Do you think there might be any support for moving back to a 6-month, twice-per-year schedule?

For me that guarantees at least a chance for some periods of decent weather to produce something new for each round. This round I had to rely on past negatives.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin