Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,679   Posts: 1,669,352   Online: 717

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE - ROUND 19 (BPX19) Status and Updates

And as far as I know there is no requirement or even suggestion that the work be shot during the time frame. If there were I'd never make it given the way my film gets back logged - I have over 30 rolls and maybe a dozen sheets in the fridge now waiting to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 04-03-2014 at 11:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually that's very true.

Maybe I need to try squeezing a year's worth of BPX negatives into our notoriously short 6-week Pacific Northwest "summers". Meaning, the only time of the year when a forecast for a non-rainy day can be trusted (sometimes) into the day after it's made.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-03-2014 at 11:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken sent his after I did and it had to go farther. I'm wondering if I should PM the person who is supposed to get mine to ask if they have received it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your box was sent Priority Mail 2-Day. Oddly, the USPS tracing log told me this morning that your delivery would be delayed until tomorrow. I was surprised when I read you had received it today anyway.

According to the log it left the Monroe, WA post office at 4:05 pm on Tuesday afternoon. If it was dropped off before 4:05 pm today that's less than 48 hours to go damned near completely cross-country. I'm impressed.

[Edit: Should have looked at the log again! It was dropped off at your place at 3:54 pm. That's only 47 hours and 49 minutes.]

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-03-2014 at 11:53 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My regular first class might take another day to go half as far. I'll give it another day anyway.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    And after another week of procrastination, the prints are mailed! Unfortunately, I forgot to scan the prints, so I've got nothing to upload to the gallery.

USPS and Royal Mail made up for the delays - Two prints got delivered to my door this morning double bagged in strong plastic just in case of rain.

Unfortunately, the prints are too big for my scanner, so everyone else will have to use their imagination

Do like the way the gulls a mirroring the gait and direction of the people in the background - Must have taken ages to set that shot up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be against a 6 month period. If one has to wait that long one may lose interest. I don’t think it is bad if one sends the print a bit late.
    As long as it gets sent in the end. This has been my first BPX and I am hooked already and can’t wait.
    Although me being forced to leave my apartment and having to find a new one, and I am losing my darkroom as well, I may be hard pressed to make a print in the future. At the moment the sooner the better for me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ken, USPS priority mail is supposed to only take two days or less that's sort of what you're paying for

Also, aren't all of these images going to be too big to scan normally? at least for most people, most scanners don't scan bigger than a by 10, so all of these images are supposed to be larger aren't they? Like 11 x 14 or bigger? I thought that was the point?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    USPS and Royal Mail made up for the delays - Two prints got delivered to my door this morning double bagged in strong plastic just in case of rain.

Unfortunately, the prints are too big for my scanner, so everyone else will have to use their imagination

Do like the way the gulls a mirroring the gait and direction of the people in the background - Must have taken ages to set that shot up.
    That's great that they made it safely! I was a little worried that the post office might bend the envelope or something. They seem to have gotten quite inventive at destroying prints . That's OK about the scanner, I don't have a large one either. I have a couple of rejects that I made while working on the prints, I might take a photo with a digisnapper and upload that.

About the seagulls. I did not setup that shot. It was actually quite the opposite. I was on a boat coming back from a tour of Everglades and saw this comical situation, so I had about a second to react before the boat got closer to the dock and scared the gulls. I was pleasantly surprised that the shot came out as well as it did.

I'm glad you like the print! Take care,

Eugene.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sorry guys, I guess I have had my head up my a$$. Between here and the large format forum I got confused on which ones I had working. I'll get in the darkroom over the weekend and make a "special" contribution to my exchange buddy to make up for the time lost.
    Paul Ward
    Calumet C-1 Green Monster
    Toyo 45CF
    Durst 184 Enlarger
    www.jpaulsenward.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin