Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,430   Online: 853

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My print is now toned and spotted but due to timescales unfortunately wont be mounted. In post and on its way!!
    Last edited by UKJohn; 07-16-2014 at 06:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    coming up on 3 weeks since being sent, lost in the mail?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last night I came home and found an envelope from the UK in my mailbox, making me smile.

Upon opening the parcel, my smile turned to a slowly mouthed 'wow', as I viewed the finely crafted print I have been sent by John Edwards [aka UKJohn].

Entitled: 'Erratic, Yorkshire Dales National Park', the image shows an enigmatic erratic poised against the horizon out on the karst. The soft sky frames the distant hills while the sharply detailed subject and foreground celebrate the textural richness of this hardscrabble limestone landscape. The subtle split sepia/selenium toning -so hard to do well- provides a richness to the scene completing the balanced arc from fieldwork to final print in hand.

My hat is off to you lad on this marvelous work, which I am proud to have in my possession.

-Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tim,

I'm so pleased you like the print and your comments are very much appreciated now it's my term to say 'wow'.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have my negatives shot but am trying to find time to set up a temporary darkroom (I'm in the process of moving / selling my home). If all goes as planned I'll have my print sent out in the next week and a half.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

"It is better to travel well than to arrive." - Buddha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My prints are ready and will go out later today. I have to apologize to the recipient. I've been having a very difficult time printing this summer - I just can't seem to get the prints look the way I wanted. I'll blame it on the heat for a lack of a better reason. The recipient will get my best effort this time around. I hope that I'll get better for the next exchange...

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Eugene,
    I received the two prints Friday, and I'm very happy with them. Those are 2 gigantic prints, one from Hood River Bridge (my favorite), very impressive, one from Butchart Gardens in color.
    Thank you so much. Nothing to apologize for, by the way, you're very hard on yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finished making the print yesterday, and took down my darkroom. The last print I have made in my darkroom I have been using for 16 years.
    Took a long time to make, so sorry.
    I will will send it in off in 3-4 days after retouching. I am getting kicked out of my appartment since the owner wants his daughter to move in here and will be actually moving on Tuesday.
    So there has been a lot of stress lately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Package sent today so I should meet the deadline...
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Missed this, and I hope you're coming through all right.
    I hate moving, lots of fear associated with that for me, so I can understand...
    blessings upon you and maybe the new place, wherever that is, will be good too
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    I finished making the print yesterday, and took down my darkroom. The last print I have made in my darkroom I have been using for 16 years.
    Took a long time to make, so sorry.
    I will will send it in off in 3-4 days after retouching. I am getting kicked out of my appartment since the owner wants his daughter to move in here and will be actually moving on Tuesday.
    So there has been a lot of stress lately.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin