Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,224   Posts: 1,659,662   Online: 981

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I have to report that unfortunately I'll be missing the deadline. Prints will go out in early Sept. Have not been able to get into the darkroom as often as I thought I would.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm also running late... My apologies! I made test print in mid July and I've been unable to finalize it...I'll try to get in the darkroom during this long WE! Hopefully the print will be on its way early next week!
    Again, sorry for the lateness!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I need to say thanks to Nicolas, Dali, received 2 very nice prints. One very geometric, the other almost impressionistic in style, both quite fun.

Heads up Bob Slaughter (megzdad81) yours will be in the mail ma˝ana.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Ana´s Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hmm... i just dug out my reciept for the mailing of my print - sent aug20th from florida to recipient in unnamed european country! what do you think - 18 days - to soon to arrive?
    jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know, it is not related to BPX20 but where do we sign up for BPX21?
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"Only weak pictures need perfection." David Vestal

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I know, it is not related to BPX20 but where do we sign up for BPX21?
    It will be opened shortly ...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My print is finally on its way... Hopefully this coming Tuesday it should get to destination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I mailed 2 prints over 9 weeks ago, and privately mailed the recipient twice without acknowledgment. I have probably offended someone, but know not how. I don't know if the prints were received, thrown in the trash or whatnot. This sucks, I'm done.

-Tim
    Last edited by dasBlute; 09-07-2014 at 01:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dasBlute View Post
    Well, I mailed 2 prints over 9 weeks ago, and privately mailed the recipient twice without acknowledgment. I have probably offended someone, but know not how. I don't know if the prints were received, thrown in the trash or whatnot. This sucks, I'm done.

-Tim
    Sometimes people are funny, it took me a long time to ship my prints from the BPX19 as in only last month did I send them. Well the receiver sent me a PM on LFPF but not here, I did ask that he confirm that I sent them ON HERE so that the guy in charge knew to check me off as complete, but he hasn't done so.

On top of that I've messages the "guy in charge" a few times so far with no reply, I've also not received a print from the BPX19 ether, I figured it was because they were waiting for me to send mine, but the "guy in charge" is the guy who is supposed to send me a print, who is very active here. All I want is some kind of acknowledgement and communication but it seems like it's too hard for some people to send a simple message "hey sorry I'm busy but I'll send that print out someday" or even "I hate you and I hate that you ended up being my charge and I don't want to make a print for you" would even be fine ... Or "I'm going to make you wait just as long as you made the other guy wait before sending a print" or "it takes a LONG time to clear customs from my country but it's on it's way" all of that would be fine with me. But silence when you're posting on the forum so I know you got the message is just simply rude. That's the problem with these things, no guarantee.

The first time someone sent me a print I was a little harsh on the critique and the guy obviously was really proud of it and I tore it down a bit, I feel awful about that part. So it could be worse, you could send a print and they could be a jerk about it.

To whoever sent me the BPX18 print, I'm so sorry and I like it much better now that I understand traditional darkroom printing a little more than I did then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My print will be shipping on Saturday.

I'd like to apologize to the recipient for my lateness nothing as seemed to go right this summer.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

"It is better to travel well than to arrive." - Buddha

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin