Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,388   Online: 1019

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 20 (BPX20) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Hello all,
    The BPX Round 20 has started!! We're on a cycle, so the important dates to remember are:

BPX Round 20
    Print and Send: June - August 2014
    R&R: September 2014

BPX Round 21
    Signup: September 2014 (ending 20th of September)
    Print and Send: October and November, December 2014 (beware of the holidays!!)
    R&R: January 2015

There was some discussion about moving to a 6 month cycle, but we're sticking to a 4 month period for now.

Here is the list with participants for BPX20:

~~~~~~~~~
    BPX20
    name
    markbarendt
    anikin
    piu58
    TheToadMen
    MrBrowning
    Black Dog
    UKJohn
    Pelo78
    Oxleyroad
    AndreasT
    Mark_S
    JimO
    Dali
    omaha
    dasBlute
    HeatherC
    paul_c5x4
    Roger Cole
    Myxine
    megzdad81
    ~~~~~~~~~

I have just sent out a PM to all members so if you didn't get one please let me know ASAP. Do not send your print until Friday, June 6th to allow for address corrections just in case, heaven forbid, I screwed something up or someone moved since they sent their address and forgot to tell me. Your PM will also contain your own address; please check it and notify me at once if it is incorrect or out of date.

Please keep us informed and post here when you've sent or received your print.
    Optionally, once the print makes it to the destination, you can upload the image of the print to the Gallery: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browseimages.php?c=512

The original BPX Introduction Thread is here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/...ml#post1651482

I wish you all a lot of fun in this BPX with printing, sending & receiving

"Have fun and catch that light beam"
    Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl

~~~~~~~~ copy of PM sent ~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi,
    Here is your address and the address of your recipient.
    If your address needs correcting, PM me ASAP!
    Please wait until June 6th before sending.

Your address:
    (.....)

Your assignment:
    (.....)

Itís not obligated, but it would be nice to include a note or a letter explaining what, when, where & how then image/print was made. And maybe telling a bit about who and where you are?
    Please donít forget to mention your name, so the recipient knows who the sender is.

Please try to print and mail the image before the deadline. Someone else is making an effort to send you a print as well.
    If life interferes with your darkroom time, donít worry. It happens. Health, family and work are important too. Just let us know you will be running late. If for some reason you canít fulfill your obligation at all, just PM me as soon as possible.

Please post on the BPX20 thread when you actually dropped off the package at the post office and when you received a print from another member. Mounting and boarding the print is not obligated, but would be a nice bonus. Please pack the print carefully. If you ĒjustĒ stick it in an envelope, all corners will be bent on arrival. At least stick it between two layers of oversized cardboard for protection.

It would be nice if you could scan your print before sending it, and post the image (after the recipient confirmed receiving it) to the BPX20 thread (and the APUG Gallery). If you canít scan the image, you could make a photo of it with a digital camera, to give us an impression of your gift.

Thank you,
    Bert from Holland (TheToadMen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Five rolls down, last one is in the soup right now. Hopefully i get a negative worthy of this project out of this...
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I dropped a largeish letter in the postbox.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Go Uwe, you are fast.

I have the negatives, hope to print mid-june.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." AnaÔs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Today I dropped a largeish letter in the postbox.
    Which postie rolled up and shoved through my letterbox - Fortunately, no damage to the prints.

The title print - "Goethe as a Student" - The statue being in shadow contrasts well with the lighter background buildings. The choice of paper complements the scene quite well.

Print No.2 - "Damaged Car" - Looks a little more than just light damage Wheels missing, bullet holes in the door, and no glass. I'm sure there is a story to be told about it...

Print No.3 - "Swamp" - A dark and foreboding wood. Looks flooded from a winter deluge.

Thanks for all three prints.

I just need to go outside and shoot some film for my offering. I may be gone some time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear photographers,

I want to show you the title print at least, Goethe as a student in Leipzig:

http://kometen.fg-vds.de/tmp/goethe.jpg

One of the builings in the background leads to Auerbachs Keller, a vine tavern. His visites their inspired Goethe to the scene in Faust "Auerbach's Cellar in Leipzig". Faust makes a lot of hoaxes here an leaved the cellar riding on a barrel. Worth reading:
    http://en.goethe-faust.org/first-par...lar-in-leipzig
    Last edited by piu58; 06-05-2014 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Off they go!
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I posted my print a week ago. It should soon find its way to a mailbox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    printed last week, toned yesterday ... gotta pick a couple, sending tomorrow...[?]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Film shoot, negs developed and test prints made....hopefully final prints sorted in next few days, then toned and mounted and in the post...

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin