Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,644   Online: 766

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    You're my secret Santa?! Ooooh cool... but mail man is going to get hell now - you've heightened expectations!
    Niko,
    I haven't received mine yet either and to the individual who is to receive one (or maybe wee few more) from me, take heart. I have finally had a chance to do a bit of printing and yours will be leaving ferndale shortly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Print's in the wash, so it should be along in a few days to David Bebbington. I don't think I've received mine though.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    mine's are going today (assuming the good wife does what she been told ) but Matt, it's not to you!
    Hey Matt! I got Nige's, I got Nige's!

Sorry, couldn't resist the childish response, but I'm so psyched because I've just received some amazing prints (and a cyanotype to boot!) from none other than what seems to be Sean's right-hand man. Well guess what? He can PRINT! Like I said privately, I am giddy with having these to admire, and ashamed by the hack print that represented my best effort, and depressed by how much room for improvement remains!

Amazing. Thank you so much Nige.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to round out Niko's story, I received his print (I sent another to my allocated receipient) and in our correspondence about it, he mentioned he'd faired poorly in these exchanges, not having received prints before. I offered to send one but after shuffleing through several prints, decided to include a couple since they were just sitting in a box, as prints tend to do!

He does himself a diservice calling his print a 'hack'. It was pretty good as it was although I did offer a suggestion for experimentation. Sometimes advice like that doesn't match the makers vision, so it's appropiate to either ignore it, or try the suggestions and compare, then make up your mind. I do this regularly.

Also, as far as APUG goes, it's Seans baby, a few of us assist in specific activities like the Conference, the Postcard Exchange (me!), the Travelling Portfolio and the Print Exchanges. Sean bestowed us with apug email addys for the purpose and which lets us feel important

Nicola, I'm thrilled you enjoyed the prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just bumping this to keep it alive and to remind folks to send their prints! Christmas is the extended deadline. After that, I name names....hehehehe...

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Beware. He has names!. He started as A Art. He is Now B Art. Four more iterations and he will be making a stink. Does the jet stream blow from Canada to the US or is it the other way?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Now that I'm back in the country for at least a month straight, but not necessarily in Calgary, I might finally get mine in the mail!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Hey folks, Just a friendly reminder to post whether you have recieved your print or not. Also post if you have sent your print.
    I sent mine quite some time ago, and have recieved one as well.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Blind Print Exchange Status

Hi Folks,

OK Christmas has come and gone, if you haven't already done so, please send your prints and update your status. Looks like we have a 60% completion rate so far, so send your prints. Names will be posted!

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received some lovely prints from argus (covers the blind and group exchange). Nice work! They'll be on the wall by the end of the weekend.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin