Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,518   Online: 1026

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just mailed my print. It should arrive at its destination in 4-6 business days, so hopefully late next week or early the following week.

- Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Many thanks to dylder for a very fine print. A lovely combination of light and texture.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those of you that will exchange your print in person at the APUG Conference, let's all do it on Sunday. Some of us have to drive home long distances, so we'll try to do it early.

We'll meet in the gallery part of the conference, time TBA on Sunday.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I received a stunning on-canvas print today... another print which just blows me away and says I am waaaaay out of my league on this site.

I also have another problem; I don't know whom it came from. I know the name of the sender - thank you very much. Their use of a "handle" here would imply they don't want their real name published, but I don't know what their handle is.

So, to the Steve that sent me the print, I thank you wholeheartedly and can but envy the subjects, technique and artistry you've put into this print, which is going onto the framer...

If you may, I'm curious about your process. Would you PM me, so I at least know who you are and can pester you with incessant questions about how you go about it? ;-)
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Well, I received a stunning on-canvas print today... another print which just blows me away and says I am waaaaay out of my league on this site.

I also have another problem; I don't know whom it came from. I know the name of the sender - thank you very much. Their use of a "handle" here would imply they don't want their real name published, but I don't know what their handle is.

So, to the Steve that sent me the print, I thank you wholeheartedly and can but envy the subjects, technique and artistry you've put into this print, which is going onto the framer...

If you may, I'm curious about your process. Would you PM me, so I at least know who you are and can pester you with incessant questions about how you go about it? ;-)

It was I (magic823). Thank you for the kind words. As to how it was done. It was as thin of canvas I could find. I then sprayed a thin coat of gelatin on one side, dried and then brushed on liquid emulsion. I then contact printed the negative on it. I'm still trying to perfect the process. Unfortunately I have about a 75% failure rate in the coating process (which of course doesn't show up until development). But when it works, it really works!

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My print is ready for shipping and after the bank holyday it goes to the postoffice. May take a few days to arrive.

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got a great dreamy print from Dave Miller.

Many thanks, Dave

regards, Marc
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest
    Just got a great dreamy print from Dave Miller.

Many thanks, Dave

regards, Marc
    Glad you liked it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, I just received your superb print today. Thank you very much for putting in the effort.

Much appreciated,

Lachlan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Those of you that will exchange your print in person at the APUG Conference, let's all do it on Sunday. Some of us have to drive home long distances, so we'll try to do it early.

We'll meet in the gallery part of the conference, time TBA on Sunday.

Regards, Art.
    I'll have to do it at a different time. I'm leaving very early on Sunday, unfortunately, I have to work on Monday and I will have 10 hours of flying to do before then. On the positive side, the person getting a print from me will have his/her choice of prints, as I am bringing several.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin