Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,518   Online: 1026
      
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 205
  1. #111
    Robert Kerwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    206
    Images
    10
    I just mailed my print. It should arrive at its destination in 4-6 business days, so hopefully late next week or early the following week.

    - Robert
    "Photograph more, worry less"

  2. #112
    mikeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    570
    Images
    6
    Many thanks to dylder for a very fine print. A lovely combination of light and texture.

    Cheers

    Mike

  3. #113
    gr82bart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,224
    Images
    37
    Those of you that will exchange your print in person at the APUG Conference, let's all do it on Sunday. Some of us have to drive home long distances, so we'll try to do it early.

    We'll meet in the gallery part of the conference, time TBA on Sunday.

    Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

  4. #114
    NikoSperi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Italy
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    576
    Images
    15
    Well, I received a stunning on-canvas print today... another print which just blows me away and says I am waaaaay out of my league on this site.

    I also have another problem; I don't know whom it came from. I know the name of the sender - thank you very much. Their use of a "handle" here would imply they don't want their real name published, but I don't know what their handle is.

    So, to the Steve that sent me the print, I thank you wholeheartedly and can but envy the subjects, technique and artistry you've put into this print, which is going onto the framer...

    If you may, I'm curious about your process. Would you PM me, so I at least know who you are and can pester you with incessant questions about how you go about it? ;-)
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

    - Walker Evans on using color

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    460
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Well, I received a stunning on-canvas print today... another print which just blows me away and says I am waaaaay out of my league on this site.

    I also have another problem; I don't know whom it came from. I know the name of the sender - thank you very much. Their use of a "handle" here would imply they don't want their real name published, but I don't know what their handle is.

    So, to the Steve that sent me the print, I thank you wholeheartedly and can but envy the subjects, technique and artistry you've put into this print, which is going onto the framer...

    If you may, I'm curious about your process. Would you PM me, so I at least know who you are and can pester you with incessant questions about how you go about it? ;-)

    It was I (magic823). Thank you for the kind words. As to how it was done. It was as thin of canvas I could find. I then sprayed a thin coat of gelatin on one side, dried and then brushed on liquid emulsion. I then contact printed the negative on it. I'm still trying to perfect the process. Unfortunately I have about a 75% failure rate in the coating process (which of course doesn't show up until development). But when it works, it really works!

    Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

  6. #116
    Marc Leest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hasselt, Belgium
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,267
    Images
    12
    My print is ready for shipping and after the bank holyday it goes to the postoffice. May take a few days to arrive.

    M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

  7. #117
    Marc Leest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hasselt, Belgium
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,267
    Images
    12
    Just got a great dreamy print from Dave Miller.

    Many thanks, Dave

    regards, Marc
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

  8. #118
    Dave Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,894
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Leest
    Just got a great dreamy print from Dave Miller.

    Many thanks, Dave

    regards, Marc
    Glad you liked it.
    Regards Dave.

    An English Eye


  9. #119
    Lachlan Young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Blairgowrie, Scotland; York, England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    576
    Images
    3
    Robert, I just received your superb print today. Thank you very much for putting in the effort.

    Much appreciated,

    Lachlan

  10. #120
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Those of you that will exchange your print in person at the APUG Conference, let's all do it on Sunday. Some of us have to drive home long distances, so we'll try to do it early.

    We'll meet in the gallery part of the conference, time TBA on Sunday.

    Regards, Art.
    I'll have to do it at a different time. I'm leaving very early on Sunday, unfortunately, I have to work on Monday and I will have 10 hours of flying to do before then. On the positive side, the person getting a print from me will have his/her choice of prints, as I am bringing several.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin