Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1153

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    joeyk49, The difference between you and Adams, Weston, Strand etc. is that they had a bigger garbage can. I try to always remember to keep my darkroom garbage can filled.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    If there's an expectation of a particular skill level (whatever that is), please let me know. I'd really hate to disappoint someone because my print medium is still rather basic.
    As a fellow novice, I can say that everyone that I have exchanged with has shown a great level of professionalism when viewing my work. In my first exchange I sent an unmounted RC print and was very worried that the recipient would bin it straight away. I felt the same thing for the alt. print exchange because I sent some of my first attempts at cyanoytype, and in comparison to what I got, my stuff deserved the bin. But I never heard a single word of complaint from anyone, only words of encouragement came my way.

I think that you will find that by participating in these exchanges you will continue to grow in skill and understanding. I know I have.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    I send my prints in tubes, they may get a curl, but at least they survive unscathed.
    That's a great idea! Are any other people doing this? I always worry about damged corners and this seem to be a great solution.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    That's a great idea! Are any other people doing this? I always worry about damged corners and this seem to be a great solution.

- Randy
    I find that placing the print in an archival bag, taping the bag to a piece of oversized foamcore, and sandwiching it with another piece of foamcore and then placing the "sandwich" in a bubble envelope makes for a very sturdy way to send prints. It can absorb a large amount of abuse and the print will still arrive in good shape.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    I find that placing the print in an archival bag, taping the bag to a piece of oversized foamcore, and sandwiching it with another piece of foamcore and then placing the "sandwich" in a bubble envelope makes for a very sturdy way to send prints. It can absorb a large amount of abuse and the print will still arrive in good shape.
    Interestingly enough, I was considering doing something similar. I am ordering a couple sizes of "Crystal Clear" bags from Light Impressions anyway and was thinking of using some 2 ply board as a wide protector for shipping, but I think your method sounds more reliable than what I was planning on doing. Thanks!

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use tubes, I have seen major galleries use tubes as well. not to say the connection is any more than the tubes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Count me in. Since my spouse is very community minded and is not angry at Canada I will not be allowed to get a pass to leave the yard. I hope that the rest of you have a very nice conference. Sorry am I not to be there to spoil it for you.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    Interestingly enough, I was considering doing something similar. I am ordering a couple sizes of "Crystal Clear" bags from Light Impressions anyway and was thinking of using some 2 ply board as a wide protector for shipping, but I think your method sounds more reliable than what I was planning on doing. Thanks!

- Randy
    The prints I've been sent by other apug members have been packaged in the following ways:

rolled in a tube
    the "sandwich" method I use
    Print placed between 2 pieces of 2-ply board sent in a standard manilla envelope (board and envelope roughly the same size as the print)

The tube method works very well, the sandwich method works very well, the print being placed between 2 pieces of 2-ply board in a manilla envelope doesn't work very well.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in...not sure if I will be at the conference or not but will like to participate in the print exchange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In all the excitement, I forgot to mention that if you haven't already PMed me your real name and mailing address from a previous round, another exchange, or if your addy info has changed, please PM me.

Good turnout so far. Gearing up to be a great exchange round. Particpants so far...

1. David A Goldfarb - conference maybe
    2. Ole
    3. argus <--got your new addy thanks
    4. dschneller - conference
    5. Peter Rosckstroh
    6. photobum
    7. NikoSperi
    8. reellis67
    9. dylder <---I need you to PM me your name and mail addy
    10. bobfowler
    11. TheFlyingCamera - conference maybe <--I need you to PM me your name and mail addy
    12. BWKate
    13. mhv - conference maybe <--It's just one Via train ride away!
    14. t_nunn - conference
    15. magic823
    16. Bastiann <--got your addy thanks
    17. BWGirl - conference
    18. Rlibersky
    19. Dave Miller
    20. darkroom
    21. MrCallow - conference
    22. Suzanne Revy - conference
    23. mikeg
    24. Marc Leest
    25. vet123
    26. David H Bebbington
    27. Mick Fagan
    28. joeyk49
    29. ClaireSenft
    30. hankins27 <--I need you to PM me your name and mail addy
    Thanks, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-11-2006 at 11:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin