Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,459   Posts: 1,643,803   Online: 878

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mine's been mailed and should have arrived by now. Unless he has a very small P.O. Box. That is a worry. Masonite won't fold very well. Let's see the U.S.P.O. fold this stiffner.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    hello,

I've posted my package to you today. hope you like it.

Regards Daniel

[gr82bart's note: Daniel, I edited your post to keep it a surprise (blind) for the recipient.]
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-03-2006 at 07:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello gr82bart,

Thanks for that. I should have thought before I sent it.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    35mm
    sent mine out last week. couldn't decide on a print, so i sent two. i'm disappointed that i made the prints on a holga enlarger, when, the next day i was given an omega b22xl. i wanted the prints to be matted, but that was going to break the bank with the int'l postage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffneedham
    i'm disappointed that i made the prints on a holga enlarger, when, the next day i was given an omega b22xl. i wanted the prints to be matted, but that was going to break the bank with the int'l postage.
    Jeff,

I'm certain that whoever gets your prints will appreciate them. I know that I love the variety of formats, processes and materials I get - in addition to the subject matter. One of the many positive reasons for particpating in these exchanges.

It will be a great surprise for that individual.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to being able to give my print in person at the APUG conference next month. And, I think I will get one there as well - this is cool!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Jeffneedham,

Your prints arrived Monday morning. I glad you couldn't decide which to send they are great. Thank you.

Regards Daniel

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatordan
    Hello Jeffneedham,

Your prints arrived Monday morning. I glad you couldn't decide which to send they are great. Thank you.

Regards Daniel
    You're quite welcome, I'm glad you like them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To my blind exchange partner, your print has been posted today in a tube, I hope your PO box is long enough?

Mick.

[Edited by Art: I replaced the person's name to keep the exchange 'blind'.]
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-10-2006 at 02:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aAAAAAAARrrrghhhh!!!
    Yesterday was the perfect day. I have had my stack of prints ready and flat from my latest printing session. Enough time has passed since then to regain a little objectivity when looking at them for the selection/editing.
    I pick a few for spotting, and (this is a first) don't screw them up too badly!
    I cut the foam core mounting board - no problems there either.
    I actually bang off three mattes in rapid succession with no blood loss (also a first).
    Moral of the story, I have spotted, mounted and matted my prints for the exchange! I'm really proud... I go to bed feeling content.

This morning, the usual routine: shower, make coffee, drink coffee while geting dressed. I stop by the table and admire the matted prints. I pick up the centerpiece print to view it in better light. I put the print back down to realize that I have now placed a big fat coffee stained thumb-print right on the matte!

I could have cried. Of course, I have finished the foam core board. I don't know if I can replace the matte... I'm not happy and content.

All this to say... the prints almost made it to the mail. Now, well... slight delay. I apologise to my designated recipient while I remedy! Any ideas how to get a coffee stain out of a white matte? :rolleyes:
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin