Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,292   Online: 757

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to be working on my print as soon as some more krst arrives...next week.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    35mm
    Message from a land far, far away.

I received a wonderful photo of a 100-year-old pair of shoes found after the demolition of burned house. I really liked the photo and it made me think of a little-known Dutch painter called Jopie Huisman. He was a trader in rags and rubbish, and he painted the things he found, like discarded dolls, old knitted underwear, and especially old, worn-out shoes. He never sold his paintings, but kept by far the most and made his own museum in Workum, the north of the Netherlands. I’m going to be buying a nice frame for your photo.

Thanks Jim!

Bastiaan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Black Dog... should we beware of the promises of the jumped-up pantry boy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony said "Sent mine today. I feel good (full meaning will become apparent when print arrives!)"

I've had in my possession for a few days now, well actually a week at least, a superbly crafted and considered print from Tony Egan. It is, and I don't exaggerate here, a beautiful piece. Tony, many thanks for sharing.

Oh yes...it came mounted which is an added bonus.

Cheers

John.

PS - my print is complete and will be posted tomorrow

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

How can they look into my eyes and still they don't believe me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Black Dog... should we beware of the promises of the jumped-up pantry boy?

.... No it's not like any other love.....this one is different because it's real
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    Thanks for the kind words. Just to complete the story it was a concert shot featuring the great and now late James Brown and his sax player - hence the "I feeeeeel good" clue!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My Print went out yesterday. It is my first ever attempt at lith printing, and boy, is it fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Posted mine today, too...
    Received yesterday! Thanks very much. Very nice...but I want to know about them (there are TWO!) now George. What can you tell me?
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Printed, mounted and packed for shipping in the morning!

/matti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Mike, I am sorry that I didn't write you a note, I was so much in a hurry to send them and have such little time the last days...

The one is made in the famous Gare du Nord in Paris and the other on the island of Tinos (Cyclades) in Greece. I guess you can identify which picture is from each place.

Tinos is one of the best places you can visit if you're interested in traditional architecture (superb villages, strange landscapes), but you have to be lucky with the weather (almost the whole summmer is too hot, too windy and no clouds in the sky). I guess that March or April and then September-October is best. The picture is made with the Rolleiflex on APX 100.

La Gare du Nord was about to get cleaned up and restored when I visited so I decided to take a few pictures. Unfortunately, I had little time and only the Rolleiflex with me. I would prefer a 4x5 and a few days, in order to get something really good out of it...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin