Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,898   Online: 950

View Poll Results: How do you present your blind exchange prints?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • RC paper unmounted.

5 13.51%
  • RC paper mounted/matted.

2 5.41%
  • FB paper unmounted.

24 64.86%
  • FB paper mounted/matted.

6 16.22%
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Blind Print Exchange Poll

I am interested to see what way members are presenting their prints for the Blind Exchanges. If you have participated in past exchanges or plan to do so in the future, do you use RC or FB paper and do you mount & matt or just send loose?

Peter
    Last edited by thefizz; 02-05-2007 at 07:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Images
    I have sent loose because, if the mat gets trashed you are SOL.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A poll obviously aimed at B&W shooters. A color shooter responding would only skew the results since all color materials are RC. Also, I would think that a print could be sent mounted but without an overmat.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    A poll obviously aimed at B&W shooters. A color shooter responding would only skew the results since all color materials are RC. Also, I would think that a print could be sent mounted but without an overmat.

Bob
    Yes I was only thinking of B&W so sorry to the few who send colour prints. You could always post a note here to say you send colour prints mounted/matted or not.

If your prints are sent mounted only or matted only, then just select the mounted/matted box anyway.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually make Polaroid Transfers or Platinum Prints for the bling exchange. Regardless of the type of print, I always matt and mount (not dry mount but with hinges) my prints. I always send my prints in boxes not in flat envelopes.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-06-2007 at 07:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I responded 'mounted', but I don't dry mount, so even if the mounting board got damaged, it's just a matter of loosening the starch adhesive on the mounting tape with a couple of drops of distilled water and the print will come right off the old mat.

- Randy

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    FB, unmounted .
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fiber, unmounted and not matted. Seems easier to mail, particularly if you are mailing to another country.
    Last edited by Gay Larson; 02-05-2007 at 10:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Always fiber, always unmounted.

I have seen the state of the prints I've received in the exchanges up until now, and learned from that. Attaching the print to stiff cardboard only ensures it will break instead of bend under pressure. If I were to send mounted prints, they would be mounted on aluminium.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I send mounted/matted fibre prints. I have no worry with bending as I always insert a piece of 4mm thick plywood which prevents bending.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin