Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,151   Online: 885

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A Solution for Blind Print Exchange Deadbeats

I have an idea!

OK for those people who for whatever reason find that they can't honour their committment to the Blind Print Exchange, why not send the print your received in lieu of your own print?

This way, it pretty much annuls you as a particpant in the round - you don't get a print; and you don't need to make a print.

All you have to do is repackage or re-label the print you received and send it off to the person you were suppose to send your print. Just don't claim the print as yours.

Whaddyasay?

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 05-08-2007 at 10:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I don't belong to the exchange for tis and other reasons. Although on the surface this sounds like a good idea, the same people who don't now honor their commitment are not very likely to take the time to pass on the print they received.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    yes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Although on the surface this sounds like a good idea, the same people who don't now honor their commitment are not very likely to take the time to pass on the print they received.
    I'm thinking this more an 'out' for future people who, for whatever reasons, may find themselves in a bind after they've signed up.

I've also entertained the idea of "Print Exchange Angels". These are volunteers who will send a print to jilted particpants without any expectation of a return print. I've seen it done on other forums, but I hate the way the goodwill of the 'angels' get abused.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 05-09-2007 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent idea Art.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    I have an idea!

OK for those people who for whatever reason find that they can't honour their committment to the Blind Print Exchange, why not send the print your received in lieu of your own print?

This way, it pretty much annuls you as a particpant in the round - you don't get a print; and you don't need to make a print.

All you have to do is repackage or re-label the print you received and send it off to the person you were suppose to send your print. Just don't claim the print as yours.

Whaddyasay?

Regards, Art.
    Hi Art,

Sounds like a good idea.

HowardDvorin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It sounds reasonable to me. I was late getting my print out this time but if I had not been able to fulfill my comittment I would have forwarded the print I recieved just so I wouldn't have to feel guilty every time I opened the forums. However I haven't received one yet though.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin