Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,198   Online: 1097

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just want to echo Phill's sentiments. Take as much time as you need.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim take your time and get things back on track first.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the blind print exchange still up and running?
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had to put the exchange sort of on the back burner while I got my camera business up and running. I still have all the names and will reshuffle and contact those who were participating. I know some are participating in JMoore's exchange so may not want to continue. But I still like the idea of exchanging one on one so I will contact everyone in July.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would be interested in the next exchange (if there is one...)

joe

Images
    I would like to participate too, if people don't mind 5x7 contacts until I can find a bulb for the enlarger I have access to.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had to suspend the exchange for awhile due some personal matters and all the time involved in getting my ULF cameras ready for sale. JMoore has a great exchange going that is a group exchange. The only real difference is in his exchange you would print 5 images and send them to five people and get five in return from those photographers. There are threads in this forum with details and if you post he will include you in the next go around. In that forum prints are exchanged every other month.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Info

Hi I read the info on print excange jet I am not sure how it works .
    I uploaded a few Images and did received comments on them but nothing about exchanging can some one tell me more about the forum
    Thanks
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by castilg
    Hi I read the info on print excange jet I am not sure how it works .
    I uploaded a few Images and did received comments on them but nothing about exchanging can some one tell me more about the forum
    Thanks
    We are currently in the third round of print exchanges. Check out the following thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9538 and it should give you more details. Basically, you agree to exchange prints with a limted number of people, in the current round there are three people in each group. You choose a print that you wish to share, print them and send one to each member of your group. I'm not sure when the next exchange will start, probably not until the beginning of the year.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    I had to suspend the exchange for awhile due some personal matters and all the time involved in getting my ULF cameras ready for sale. JMoore has a great exchange going that is a group exchange. The only real difference is in his exchange you would print 5 images and send them to five people and get five in return from those photographers. There are threads in this forum with details and if you post he will include you in the next go around. In that forum prints are exchanged every other month.
    Jim,

I saw this exchange thread for the first time last night and became very interested in participating and was disappointed (but understood why) to see that it's on hold for now. I think this random exchange has a different appeal than the current group exchanges. The bar isn't quite so high -- you're basically encouraged to exchange a snapshot (proof/contact sheet/custom print/etc) of your current work with a randomly-chosen participant. I can see how this might appeal to someone who doesn't want to generate five custom prints for one of the other exchanges. Myself, I would like to participate in both kinds of exchanges.

Seeing that you've got a full plate, might I be so imperinant as to ask a question? Is all that's required of the "moderator" of the blind exchange to collect names/addresses and form random pairs, informing each person of the other member in their pair? If so, how would you feel if someone else stepped up to the plate and attempted to restart this particular exchange?
    If someone else expresses an interest, maybe they could do it at least until you have enough copious spare time to take back over, if you wanted. If no one expresses an interest, I may be interested in doing it.

I'm thinking one way to start would be to just PM the members from the last blind exchange further up in the thread and see if they're interested while we wait a couple of weeks for additional members to express an interest as well.

-KwM-

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin