Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,833   Online: 830

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are seeking participants for the September exchange. Ole has joined up for September and we are seeking additional participants. Currently besides Ole it is myself Ron (silverpixel5) and Nige. The August exchange was a good start and provided great dialogue and stimulation.

In summary, the exchange is an opportunity to share work, and ideas with others. Fine gallery quality prints are not required. this is more about exploring approaches, technique and vision.

Anything goes for exchange except digital output.

Acceptable are the following: Color, B&W regular prints, contact prints, alternative methods, contact sheets, RC or Fiber, collage, Polaroids, polaroid transfers and manipulations, hand painted, emulsion manipulations, composites, photograms etc. Any format, and any size print.

Participants are randomly matched to someone else and the two exchange their work. Participants must understand that the nature of the exchange is that they may receive something they are not really interested in, but the idea is to be exposed to diversity in approaches and respect the effort of others.

Participants are encouraged to contact each other and discuss prints, photography in general etc. If you don't want to communicate but just exchange work that is fine also.

Every month prints should be sent by the first of the next month. September's need to be in the mail by Oct 1.

Let me know if you are interested via this topic or private message me with your mailing address and I will let you know your partner for the month.

James Chinn
    Last edited by Sean; 05-20-2004 at 06:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still looking for a 2 or 3 new participants in the October exchange. See previous post for info. Ron, Nige and myself will be discussing our previous exchange in the chat room tonight from 9:00-10:00 pm CDT (lunch hour for Nige). Join in for more info or add to the discussion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to join in a couple of months when I have the darkroom re-configured for fiber paper--maybe November or December?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Hello, I would like to participate. Please give more info on how many prints, when, where, why, how, etc. This sounds like a great idea. Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i will send you a PM message with all the information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim,

After processing todays shots and making a couple client prints I'm tearing my darkroom down and moving it, so I'll be out of commission for a couple weeks while I get everything all sorted out again.

I would like to participate for Oct though,

Thanks,
    Ian

I'd hoped to participate but my youngest daughter just moved back in and I have to move my darkroom gear out of the spare bathroom/laundry room. Gotta find a new place to set up. Drat. May be weeks or months before I can resume printing.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to participate in the October exchange.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lex,

I know how it is to not have a darkroom for a long period of time. I hope you will still be contributing you knowledge and insights on the forum. If you get desperate, do what I did: I rented a motel 6 room for a weekend and processed and printed about 12hrs each Sat and Sun. Of course it sucked carring a D2 up to the second floor along with all the other stuff. But it actually was quite enjoyable after getting set up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to participate in the exchange for October.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin