Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,374   Online: 1108

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah! Sounds like fun. I sent you a PM.
    Lori

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So far I have received entry PM's from the following:

Gennari
    shotgun1a
    Laurent
    ghostcount
    calceman
    Jarvman
    delphine
    rwyoung
    lorifrommontana
    rtbadman
    Christopher Walrath (I am participating)
    Paul Cocklin

That's a good start for less than a day and a half. Thanks for joining in all. And everyone else, you are welcome to do the same. The more, the merrier.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 09-04-2009 at 12:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm in! PM on the way.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Lab prints from Kodachrome scans

Would lab prints from Kodachrome scans qualify for this exchange or prints should be darkroom only?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bogdan, I am not trying to step in Christopher's shoes, and he will be able to clarify better than I can, however, the very words of Christopher are as follows, and I believe that they answer your question:

"Your print should be the VERY BEST print that you personally can make. I personally want to discourage prints that are not the personal work of the participant"

...and this is aside the fact, that I'd expect an optically printed output.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    Bogdan, I am not trying to step in Christopher's shoes, and he will be able to clarify better than I can, however, the very words of Christopher are as follows, and I believe that they answer your question:

"Your print should be the VERY BEST print that you personally can make. I personally want to discourage prints that are not the personal work of the participant"

...and this is aside the fact, that I'd expect an optically printed output.
    Yes that's what I read from his guidelines too, I just thought that prints from Kodachrome might be an exception.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

It says 'discourage' because I did not want to exclude anyone at all from this exchange. It should at least not be a print made from a didgtal file or scan. Instead it should be created with traditional papers and chemistry. Silver, not silicon. If you have the capacity to print I would hope that you would to make any print by those means. It is up to you and I would like to welcome your participation.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 09-04-2009 at 07:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This shows some of the difficulty transparency / slide photographers have. Many don't have the equipment or chemistry to print optically.

My suggestion is to accept prints from a Lambda or Lightjet. This way the image was captured on film and printed using wet chemistry on photographic paper Like Kodak Endura Metalic or Fuji Crystal Archive not an inkjet. Also, I'd get the print made at a professional lab vs Wal-Mart. It's the best compromise if you can't print Ilfochromes.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 09-06-2009 at 09:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will accede to Art's knowledge here. If the print meets Art's criteria, Bogdan, then that would be fine. I don't think you can PM under 25 posts so just email me you entry if you wish to participate under those conditions. flash19901@comcast.net

I will add Art's little bit to the first post in this thread. As I said, I did not want to exclude any film photographers and this seems perfectly acceptable.

[edit: I did some research and Lambda/Light Jet printing is perfectly acceptable for those who shot reversal films and do not have the means to personally make prints.]
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 09-04-2009 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in!
    Tomorrow I'll Pm you my address and who I sent my prints to, and who sent to me his prints.
    Just a note: I remember everybody to declare a low value (less than 10usd, possibly "no value") on the envelope (or parcel) to avoid problems with customs.
    Of course only for international shippings.
    "Photograpy: optical and chemical way to translate light"

Italian independent Pentax user's site

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin