Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,564   Online: 885

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Spangenberg View Post
    I was a little worried about the shipping, so I hope the poster tube worked out.
    The poster tube worked fine; now the print is between two big books to come back to it's original planarity.
    I'll probably send my print mounted on a rigid passepartout plus wrap bubbles to protect it. I never had problems when receiving prints if they are reinforced with something rigid.
    Last edited by No Digital; 11-13-2009 at 02:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Photograpy: optical and chemical way to translate light"

Italian independent Pentax user's site

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I put mine in a cardboard priority envelope with a piece of cardboard. Print is in a poly photo bag. Hope it makes it ok. The one I received was in a manila envelope with the same piece of cardboard, wrapped in a photo bag and it arrived fine. -Lori

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received two lovely prints from Laurent this week.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I used the same as Laurent and Laurent's prints showed up COMPLETELY unmangled, which leads me to beleive that the US Postal Service must have had NOTHING to do with delivery. ;p

I'll mark you as sent, Lori. I'll mark David as received.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the receiving side, I got a very nice print from 'simulatordan'. Thanks, Daniel! He actually arrived last Friday (Nov 13th), but I only returned home to see him yesterday. I now have him set up in a conspicuous location while I, and he, collect our respective thoughts about each other. But like all good new acquaintances, he has already made a very nice first impression.

On the sending side, I spent two days this last weekend making and mounting my print. All that's left is to cut a mat, package, and send it off. Hopefully by this upcoming weekend?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I'll check you off, Ken. (As received).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been involved in eight out of nine blind exchanges. Two of the eight have been damaged. One by DHL and the other by the Post Office. In another exchange on the Large Format forum I was getting back 8 of my own prints in my own packing. Two sheets of 8 ply and two sheets of 4 ply. The idiot postman had to bend these over his knee to fit them in my postal box. He was the part time weekend man. Do not bend stamps all over. He did not care a bit.

Monday morning I was at the boss's office with the package in hand and foaming at the mouth mad. I never saw that post man again. With luck he's now delivering welfare checks in Newark, NJ.

I no longer send out mounted 8x10's. I send 5x7 Pt. prints mounted with plywood sheets as backer board. Let them bend that. The tubes are another good way to go but I like to send a mounted print.

BTW, the Post Office just a reported 3.8 billion loss this year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if we are gonna bale out the post office too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One prepaid envelope at a time, huh.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My print is now finished and ready for mounting...sorry for the delay! I should have it in the mail by early next week.

Kathy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin