Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,969   Online: 899

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I used a prepaid enveloppe, with an additional cardboard to protect the print. I don't know it safe it's been, but Christopher may tell us how the print was at arrival ?
    This is how I usually send mine...except that I use 2 pieces of cardboard around my print which is also mounted/matted. I'll say no more. (fingers and toes crossed)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry for delay, I just sent my print; allow it 10/14 days to reach it's new home
    "Photograpy: optical and chemical way to translate light"

Italian independent Pentax user's site

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, that makes 17 of 40 sent and ten received with one drop out thus far. Just remember that holidays are coming up so let's see if we can't all get crackin' and have these prints sent by those aforementioned holidays.

I want to thank you all for making my first round as organizer run so well. Can't wait until round ten.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    ok, mine is printed,mounted and packed. will fedex today to the united states. hope it arrives in good condition!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I've been involved in eight out of nine blind exchanges. Two of the eight have been damaged. One by DHL and the other by the Post Office. In another exchange on the Large Format forum I was getting back 8 of my own prints in my own packing. Two sheets of 8 ply and two sheets of 4 ply. The idiot postman had to bend these over his knee to fit them in my postal box. He was the part time weekend man. Do not bend stamps all over. He did not care a bit.

Monday morning I was at the boss's office with the package in hand and foaming at the mouth mad. I never saw that post man again. With luck he's now delivering welfare checks in Newark, NJ.

I no longer send out mounted 8x10's. I send 5x7 Pt. prints mounted with plywood sheets as backer board. Let them bend that. The tubes are another good way to go but I like to send a mounted print.

BTW, the Post Office just a reported 3.8 billion loss this year.
    I can vouch for photobum's method. I received his wonderful print in solid condition, no way the print will ever get damage unless it was intentional.

Shooter
    35mm
    I recieved mine from Bill, it's in perfect condition, just need to flatten it out in a press from the tube. Thanks Bill, it looks great.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    David, Greg, thanks for the updates.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mailed mine Thursday.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Toned mine today, sorry for the delay. Once they are flattened I'll mail it out. Wednesday at the latest.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for your comments on my print. I hope I can keep the standard up in subsequent rounds.

Regards Daniel

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin