Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,825   Online: 1081

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is it common to add a scan to the gallery?
    If yes, when? and who?

Shooter
    35mm
    Just received 2 AWESOME prints from David William White! The larger of the two an urban landscape from Toronto with beautiful tonality rich shadow detail and just a sprinkling of brilliant whites (sounds like a good recipe!) The second a high contrast street scene with an interesting process behind it! A great little gift to find waiting at the post office and first prints actually to be received, unfortunately still nothing from BPX11. Will get mine mounted and out the door as soon as possible
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, Rory, glad you like them. Good job by your Royal Mail, too. If I had sent these to the States, they'd be another two weeks...
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tahnks for the updates, folks. Rudi, that's pretty much how you add to the gallery. Scan, with no modifications to the file, and upload to the gallery. There is a size restriction for the file uploaded.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by MattKing; 10-19-2010 at 02:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: didn't read it right
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Matt, you might have just started the newest Annoy APUG thread. We'll call it Dot Dot Dot.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Matt, you might have just started the newest Annoy APUG thread. We'll call it Dot Dot Dot.
    Christopher:

You should look up a subscriber here who used to be very active, but isn't any more.

Her name is Aggie.

Some here might remember her .

Here is an example of one of her threads:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum55/5114-a.html

Note the fine choice of words in the first post in the thread
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My photos are printed, dried, packaged and is waiting for the mailman... Will go out first thing on Monday.

. . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Chris,

My photograph was mailed this afternoon and is at this very moment on its way to its blind destination...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And as luck would have it, the post by 'anikin' directly above my previous post was for his pair of prints headed to me. I received those undamaged in today's mail.

The first print - Woody Rose Garden - is an 8x10-inch RA-4 print on Supra Endura from a 35mm Kodak Ektar 100 negative. The subject is a large, hand-carved wooden rose with stem set in what appears to be a botanical garden of some sort in Wilsonville, Oregon (USA). Very nice!

This is the first print I have seen from an Ektar negative. I find the color saturation in the print to be realistically muted and very lifelike, which is not what I expected from Ektar. I am a big fan of the true, subtle colors in nature thanks to my original background as a geologist, so this interpretation resonates well with me. Very nicely done, Eugene.

The second print - Sun Flower Festival in Hood River, OR - is even more intriguing. From the photographer's notes:

"Taken with 1910 Kodak 3A pocket camera modified to accept 120 film. Ektar 100 film, about 0.5-1 seconds bulb exposure. Aperture not recorded."

The print is a 26x10-inch 2-part vertical panoramic of a near-far composition featuring several yellow sunflowers in the foreground and taller green trees in the background. Except for a bit of wind, the near flowers and leaves are quite sharp. Again, nicely done.

I must confess I'm amazed at the quality produced by this antique instrument. Correct me if I'm wrong Eugene, but I believe this is a version of the camera you used? Quite expensive in its day at an original list price of US$78.00. That would be US$1,773.63 in 2009 dollars. Hmm. Seeing that, maybe the current B&H price of US$1,749.95 for the Fuji GF670 folder really isn't so unreasonable after all?

Many thanks, Eugene. Two very nice prints for me that I intend to mount and display alongside my other BPX prints. My collection is starting to grow.

And Chris, that does it for me. I have now both sent and received my prints for this round. Thank you again for your efforts in organizing and herding all of us cats.

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin