Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,630   Online: 1000

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received an amazing print from ccross yesterday. It's a beautiful landscape shot. Thank you very much, Craig.

This is me for this round. I sent and received a print. I'm already looking forward to the next exchange!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Chris, Due to the new meaning of the word "junk" I would like to clarify that I've have sent you prints of old buildings (Mayan Ruins) and not body parts.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't think one could grope a ruin.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received my print in the mail today, a gorgeous carbon from ghostcount. It took me a few moments to realise what it was, but then I turned it to the light and there you go. I was amazed. I'd seen carbons before but never up close, and up close is definately the way to see them. This means a lot to me, as carbon is a part of the next step I'd like to take with my process and now I have something to look at while I work towards it. And - a bloody brilliant photograph.
    Thank you for your letter too - I really do appreciate getting some background on the print.

On that note - has the person I sent my print to received it? I was hoping that registered mail international would be quick enough, but if it's gone MIA I can send out another promptly.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    On that note - has the person I sent my print to received it?
    Same question from me to my person? My print was sent over three weeks ago to a destination that should have taken about a week at most to arrive. If it's gone missing I can send another...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll send requests for updates from those not on my sent/recvd list on 1DEC. about a week later I will post that naughty list.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex,

I'm glad you like it. I turned to Pt/Pd because of this exchange through photobum's print and been printing with alt.process since then. I took up carbon from Jim Fitzgerald and the wealth of information this forum provides.

Good luck in learning it; this forum, the carbon works and Dick Sullivan's e book will get you there in no time.

~ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    I received my print in the mail today, a gorgeous carbon from ghostcount. It took me a few moments to realise what it was, but then I turned it to the light and there you go. I was amazed. I'd seen carbons before but never up close, and up close is definately the way to see them. This means a lot to me, as carbon is a part of the next step I'd like to take with my process and now I have something to look at while I work towards it. And - a bloody brilliant photograph.
    Thank you for your letter too - I really do appreciate getting some background on the print....
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good morning all,

I received a very nice print from Keith Pitman yesterday, but I guess the postal service didn't see it that way and thought it would be a good idea to fold it. Unfortunately, the fold broke both layers of the matting and the picture. Still a pretty nice picture though.

Thanks Keith,

Craig

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ccross View Post
    Good morning all,

I received a very nice print from Keith Pitman yesterday, but I guess the postal service didn't see it that way and thought it would be a good idea to fold it. Unfortunately, the fold broke both layers of the matting and the picture. Still a pretty nice picture though.

Thanks Keith,

Craig
    So placing a printed admonition "PHOTOGRAPH: Do Not Bend" on both sides of the package doesn't do any good, or does it insure that the Postal Service will bend the package? Next time I'll reinforce the package with a steel plate.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ironic thing is that it was bent right through the "Do Not Bend" labels you put on the package.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin