Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,610   Online: 1304

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 12 (BPX12) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Alright. I will be getting PM's out shortly. You will receive instructions, your address and then the address of the participant to whom you are to send a print(s). Please get back to me in the next couple of days if any corrections are needed to be made to your own address. I will then forward that correction to your sender. For this reason, do not send your print until 5 OCT.

I need everyone to post on this thread promptly when you either send your print or if you have received one. If you will experience delays please mention it here. If you wish to give some public praise for the prints you receive then by all means, feel free. Chat it up, and do so here.

So, without any further ado . . .
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always find it handy to have the list of participants handy, so here goes (copied from Chris' post)

Here's the list thus far. Remember if you are not on this list and you should be, let me know ASAP. I think I have everyone covered here.

ghostcount
    Fleath
    photobum
    Laurent
    anikin
    JJB
    David William White
    ccross
    djhopscotch
    UKJohn
    RTMoynihan
    lorirfrommontana
    kapitman
    Ken Nadvornick
    labcoat
    Christopher Walrath
    24x30
    5stringdeath
    rst
    MattKing
    meltronic

Just for clarity, I understand that the deadline for completing this is the end of November, 2010.

Oh and Chris, do you think you could send us the APUG screen name for our designated recipient, for those of us who don't use an APUG name that is some clearly recognizable version of our actual name?

Thanks for all your work!

EDIT: now I see the screen name - see apology below.
    Last edited by MattKing; 10-02-2010 at 12:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Oh and Chris, do you think you could send us the APUG screen name for our designated recipient, for those of us who don't use an APUG name that is some clearly recognizable version of our actual name?
    <Ken's reply deleted>
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 10-01-2010 at 11:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I see you already DID include the APUG screen name...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ken.

I looked at the PM about 6 times before I posted.

Guess it is 7 times lucky.

Thank you Chris for including the screen name as well - my apologies!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's my first apug exchange. What's the most used paper format in the BEs?
    I don't really care, so I'm undecided. 24x30cm², 30x40cm²?
    Some hint which sizes you use?

rudi

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll be printing on Oriental Seagull 8x10 Glossy RC VC II. It's really a personal choice. Go big or print 6"x6". Doesn't matter.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, and I forgot to put the list up, Matt. At least we have changed our name from the Blond Print Exchange for this round, huh.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, no corrections thus far, so I must have finally gotten something done right.

Runners to yer mark.

Ready . . .

BLAM!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My print is in the mail. Looks like I'm the first one this time. That's actually a first for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    congratulation labcoat.

I have to reprint, because the print looks like crinkled cardboard.

rudi

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin