Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,547   Online: 894

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am trying to choose from prints I've made and decide if I need to selenium tone them but I'm fairly new to matting and dry mounting so I need to practice that a bit before I can send anything. I know I don't have to do this and if it doesn't work out then I may give up on it and just send a print but I'm enjoying these exchanges for expanding my horizons a bit so I'm going to try and do a real presentation with my print so please bear with me...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quite shocked at the price of mailing prints overseas, so I'm going to roll mine up and pop it in a tube - The prints I received in the past that have been mounted on foamboard suffered from the rigours of the mail system. Once I've checked & spotted my print, it will be heading way out east.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I'm waiting for my filters then I shall play.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Quite shocked at the price of mailing prints overseas, so I'm going to roll mine up and pop it in a tube - The prints I received in the past that have been mounted on foamboard suffered from the rigours of the mail system. Once I've checked & spotted my print, it will be heading way out east.
    What is the general opinion then, should I not try to mount and matt? Safer to send a print alone? I think I'm changing my mind about my negative and will need to make a new print but it could be in the mail soon if I don't need to cut the mat and heat the tissue...

If it were you since you don't know who is getting it, would you prefer it mounted or not??? Sorry, this is my first time in the exchange so if this has been asked 100 times forgive me.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    If it were you since you don't know who is getting it, would you prefer it mounted or not??? Sorry, this is my first time in the exchange so if this has been asked 100 times forgive me.
    I've only done a couple of exchanges before, so I'm not the best person to cultivate for an opinion... That said, I have received mounted prints (on foamboard), and mounted/matted prints. I have also mailed mounted/matted prints on a couple of occasions as well as shipped in tubes - Kinda sitting on the fence here

For a more definitive answer, I'll let the experienced participants comment.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Personally, I send a couple of prints each round. Unmatted/mounted. I just send them out and let the recipient do as they wish.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Received a very nice Holga-made/Kallitype printed image today from RST (I think). Thanks. I think I'll take it to my photo group next week.

My image will go out eventually.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pressed 3 8x10 shots onto matboard this morning with Tiffen dry mounting tissue and an iron which actually worked out pretty well I think! I put them into the book press quickly afterward so I'll see how they turn out, hopefully good. My free hand mat cutting exercise however did not go well... perhaps the second try will go better or else I will need to get a proper mat cutter. Afterward I will have something to put in the mail, hopefully by Monday morning.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Print mailed this afternoon.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, unless others need to let me know, this is where we stand thus far after one and a half months.

Sent:
    rst
    David William White
    semeuse
    ghostcount

Received:
    Keith Pitman

So. Howy'all?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin