Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,934   Posts: 1,557,033   Online: 1229

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    If you would like to join in on this round you will need to sign up again by posting a reply to this thread.
    I would like to participate. What size prints are needed? Should they be mounted? How about describing the process a bit more; I'm new here so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would like to participate. What size prints are needed? Should they be mounted? How about describing the process a bit more; I'm new here so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.
    I'm new here too, but from the links supplied this is what I understand...

Any size prints
    Any style of print
    Mounted or unmounted is up to you
    (Just give something out that you would be happy to get)

All the participants are divided into groups of 6 maximum. Each person sends 1 print to each person in their group. All the other group members send out their prints as well... You send out 5 of yours and you get 5 from others.

The groups are randomly picked.

Am I wrong?

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's pretty much it.

In the first two exchanges I received all prints smaller than 11x14", some mounted, some not. Personally, I prefer unmounted prints, because they are easier to store, if one participates in frequent print exchanges.

While one may or may not get interesting feedback from the exchange, I mainly do it, because I know I'll push myself a little harder and print to a higher standard if I'm participating in an exchange with other photographers.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will have to pass on this round, the end of the year is crazy for me. (delivery on round 2 was impacted as well).

I will be back for round 4.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    While one may or may not get interesting feedback from the exchange, I mainly do it, because I know I'll push myself a little harder and print to a higher standard if I'm participating in an exchange with other photographers.
    While it would be nice to hear some feedback from people, I think I'm more interested in seeing what others are doing... It's also a great way to collect photographic work from all over the world.

My thought was to keep things unmounted so that the new owner has as much freedom to do with the image as they please. I was also thinking of supplying as much technical information as possible (so that they know what they're looking at if they like the paper, tone, contrast etc...)

I'm good to go...

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd also like to get in on this one.
    Chuck Pere

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Round 3 List

Deniz
    John McCallum
    Ole
    Sjixxxy
    Nige
    Leon
    VoidoidRamone
    BWGirl
    David A. Goldfarb
    matt miller
    Joe Symchyshyn
    mikepry
    KenM
    mikeb_z5
    philldresser
    roteague
    ChuckP
    JMoore
    Alex Hawley
    galyons
    Jeremy Moore
    Last edited by JMoore; 10-15-2004 at 09:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd like to go for Round 3.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Images
    Well, I'm in for Round 3. My apologies to my very patient Round 2 Team, my prints are done and will go out this weekend.

Cheers,
    Geary

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think a maximum of 6 per group is too much. Shipping can run almost $15 per print from Canada to the US (more elsewhere), as I only send mounted prints.

I think maximum group size of 4 is better, which is what we had in the first couple of rounds.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin