Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,601   Posts: 1,622,405   Online: 678

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Sounds good. One question. How do others generally handle the question of customs on shipped images. Since you normally have to attach a customs declaration to all packages and declare a value, I wonder if the customs authorities will want a fee from the person receiving the package. Has anyone run into these issues before? I generally only put down a value about $10 USD on these type of packages. Should I be using a different value?
    For packages to Canada, declare them as a gift, with $0 value. Anything above $0 will force the recipient to pay a 7% sales tax + $5 handling fee. I've even been charged GST + other fees for packages marked as gift with a declared value > $0.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received a beautiful panoramic photo taken in Utah by Joe Symchyshyn who lives in Canada (are you a transplanted American, Joe, or are you a wandering Canuck?). Was planning on printing my photos in the beginning of November, but then got assigned Cicero's Pro Archia to translate and haven't had too much free time in the evenings (outside of 5 minute breaks to post here )

This does remind me that I do not have the addresses for the other two in my group:

Andy Tymon
    galyons

My prints will be sent out in about 2-3 weeks, but definitley before the end of the year. We get about a month off between the fall and spring semesters so I will probably be printing the next round's images during that time, too!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have the addresses gone out yet, or is there a private address page set up yet? I don't think I have the addresses of the other members of my group.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Have the addresses gone out yet, or is there a private address page set up yet? I don't think I have the addresses of the other members of my group.
    I wasn't in the first round, but in Round 2 J Moore PM the addresses to us. I have Joe's address and print as he personally PMed me his address and a request for mine--he was already printing and decided to be done early.

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I received a beautiful panoramic photo taken in Utah by Joe Symchyshyn who lives in Canada (are you a transplanted American, Joe, or are you a wandering Canuck?).
    Wandering Canuck... It was taken on a trip to the Southwest USA.

I'm glad that you liked it Jeremy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to getting exchanges in return when you all have some free time.

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As far as addresses for this round if everyone could just PM you info to those in your group.

I had hoped for an area to hold this information but looks like we'll have to wait. I know that Sean is extremely busy.

Thanks,

Jim
    Last edited by JMoore; 11-23-2004 at 03:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks. Will do.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Symchyshyn
    Wandering Canuck... It was taken on a trip to the Southwest USA.

I'm glad that you liked it Jeremy. Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to getting exchanges in return when you all have some free time.

joe
    Will do! I have an image that I like, but I'm not totally thrilled with so I will be printing another this week--I'm slowly coming to what I want to send

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like I missed out, but I'd like to get into your next round if I could. I'll try to keep watching this forum for an annoucement. Thanks.

Images
    I hope no one minds if the prints are not mounted. I just don't have the time. Assuming the sun pops out this week the prints should be in the mail by next monday or tuesday.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin