Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 686

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can anyone offer packaging recommendations to ensure prints remain flat? I have experience in the US with the Postal service and UPS but not globally. I have some ideas but other's experience would be helpful. Postal service vs UPS? Looking forward to sending and receiving prints
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I matted mine, then sandwiched them between two sheets of thick foam core. That then went in a cardboard large envelope. Everything apparently made it okay to France, New Zealand, and the Netherlands. I will probably do something similar this time, but with smaller prints, the postage kind of ate me alive last time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can go to an office supply store and buy hard mailers to mail your prints out in. The caveat is that they will probably have to go unmounted. 3X 10x14 mailers cost me only $3.99 at Office Max (I believe) which I'll use to mail any 5x7 or 8x10 prints (tape them to another piece of cardboard, cover w/ vellum paper, and then seal up. In the US the shipping is around $1.50 for first class and it goes letter rate air mail internationally (under $6).
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

packing

I like to go to the horses mouth so to speak. That means looking up a local box
    wholesaler in the neighborhood. I have been using cartons that were designed for calender sales. I got them in several sizes and they will work with up to 11x14 prints in the right size. I mount the print, put in an overmat with a slipsheet and some bubble wrap to fill it up. Have sent prints around the world this way with no losses. There is actually a number for these containers. A box website may give you the info you need.
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    I like to go to the horses mouth so to speak. That means looking up a local box
    wholesaler in the neighborhood. I have been using cartons that were designed for calender sales. I got them in several sizes and they will work with up to 11x14 prints in the right size. I mount the print, put in an overmat with a slipsheet and some bubble wrap to fill it up. Have sent prints around the world this way with no losses. There is actually a number for these containers. A box website may give you the info you need.
    Best, Peter Schrager
    Let me speak from experience, Peter's shipping methods work wonderfully.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfe
    Can anyone offer packaging recommendations to ensure prints remain flat? I have experience in the US with the Postal service and UPS but not globally. I have some ideas but other's experience would be helpful. Postal service vs UPS? Looking forward to sending and receiving prints
    I just go to the USPS or Fedex and get the biggest box I can get - it's free anyway and put my mounted print in there with crumpled light packaging paper around it to keep it from moving around.

Doesn't seem to be a problem yet.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfe
    I can relate to you the conditions of photos that I received in the last two exchanges. All were packed in a simple envelope, sometimes padded, with the photo secured in a simple cardboard or matboard sandwich. Some had a nylon sleeve for the photo in the cardboard. All made it in pristine condition through the line of chainsmoking gorillas they employ to handle the mail here, except in one instance where the sandwich was made of unequal sized boards that slid around in an oversized loose envelope and didn't cover the photo well. In that instance the gorillas dinged the corner of the photo. All photos were sent to Greece via USPS or via the participant's national post office.
    James

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Can someone pm me Jim Galli's address, I've pm'd him but no reply.........he must be on the road hunting down that long forgotten G Claron cache.

I've just finished printing my groups prints and want to ship them out tomorrow. It sure makes life easier doing it in one hit.

cheers
    Clayton

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All prints went out today. Hope you enjoy them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aww...I missed this! Will you guys be doing this again anytime soon! I'd love to be on the 'list' if you do.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin