Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,940   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PM's sent. Thanks for organising this, Jeremy!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got my print from Wally H. It was waiting for me when I got home last night. A very nice print of a megalith in Ireland.

My prints went in the mail yesterday so Group 12, you should have yours in a few days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Hope this aint a dump question (which I have no doubt that it is!) can someone explain what the print exchange is and how it works?

Cheers

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UKJohn
    Hope this aint a dump(sic) question (which I have no doubt that it is!) can someone explain what the print exchange is and how it works?
    No dumb questions here unless it's in the soapbox

A print exchange is where particpants make prints and send them to each other as gifts. Here in APUG there are 5 'official' print exchanges - Group, Blind, Alternative Process, Toy Camera and Postcard.
    • The Group Print Exchange is where particpants are organized into groups of 4 or 5. Each member of the group sends a print to all members of their group. Most prints here are 8x10. Jeremy Moore organizes this exchange.
    • The Blind Print Exchange is where particpants are assigned one person to send a print to, without the recipient knowing who the sender is until the print arrives. Most prints here are 8x10. I organize this exchange.
    • The Alternative Process and Toy Camera Print Exchanges are similar to the Group Print Exchange except prints in those exchanges are made exclusively with alternative/historical print processes or the pics are taken with toy cameras, respectively. CarlRadford organizes the Alternative Process Print Exchange and PhotoPete organizes the Toy Camera Print Exchange.
    • The Postcard Exchange is where all particpants send all other particpants a postcard size print, or something equivalent like a greeting card, for example. Nige organizes this exchange.
    The basic process is:
    1. Sign up (PM the coordinator or members of your group your name and address)
    2. Make prints
    3. Mail prints
    4. Enjoy prints you recieve
    Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any of the coordinators any questions about the print exchanges. I hope you particpate in the next round of exchanges. They are alot of fun.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-11-2006 at 01:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drat - Art beat me to it... excuse me while I delete stuff......

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ting.

There is also a Postcard exchange. If you go to the Member Organized Functions Forum you will see them all there. Each round normally starts every 3 months - 1 month to sign up for the round and 1-2 months to print and send.

What fun sitting here watching a couple of servers build their RAID sets... ZZZZzzzzzzzz...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And if you're lucky, you'll get Bob F in your group. I still have his print hanging on my wall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    And if you're lucky, you'll get Bob F in your group. I still have his print hanging on my wall.
    <Blush>... Oddly enough, I have Travis's (and several others) on my Darkroom wall...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.

What fun sitting here watching a couple of servers build their RAID sets... ZZZZzzzzzzzz...

Cheers, Bob.
    LOL. Just spent two days rebuilding a database due to a software "upgrade". A million transactions a day sure builds up some data.
    So many drummers, so little time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers Guys,

Thanks for the info would be fun I think to participate :-)

Cheers

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All of group 2 checked in with me and I have returned my address so we are good to go. Looking forward to it.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin