Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,967   Online: 1017

View Poll Results: Only Apug Subscribers in the Group Exchange?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

74 79.57%
  • No

15 16.13%
  • Unsure

3 3.23%
  • What's the group exchange?

1 1.08%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart
    Jeremy,

I think this is great idea. If it helps Sean increase subscriptions and consequently his full time living, I'm all for it.

It may also help in the other never-to-be-mentioned-for-fear-of-death-plus-it's-just- [moderator inserted space here] an-uncool-thing-to-call-someone-who-didn't-honour-their-committment- [moderator inserted space here] for-more-than-3-6-9-12-months-after-repeated-reminders area.

I voted YES.

Regards, Art.
    Way to go Art, you tied everything together with dashes and goofed up the way the page interpets the table...

LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Way to go Art, you tied everything together with dashes and goofed up the way the page interpets the table...
    You mean I can't say d-e-a-b-e-a-t-s ? Not only is it politically incorrect, it's also uncool!

Art. (Not Print Exchange Challenged, but it's OK if I was.)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mmmmm, tricky one. My initial instinct is to allow non-subscribers, but I do take the point about commitment and the cost of sending prints Vs the cost of subscription and the tendency for drive-by signing up...

Allowing for the number of posts or length of membership for non-subscribers is probably too awkward and simply too much mucking about to be practical.

K, - have to go with gut instinct on this one and say allow.

If it is decided to only allow subscribers, I would advise against a subscriber only forum as then non-subscribers will never see what they are missing as one more incentive to cough up...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I don't think this is a good idea at all. It would turn off a lot of people. just ban those who crap out.
    Banning someone after the fact won't work - they've already accomplished their goals: get free prints without doing any work.

I therefore agree with limiting this to subscribers.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    I just think that it would create confusion and hard feelings. I think subscriber perks should be in subscriber only areas.
    There probably should be a "teaser" in the forums that non-subscribers can see - something like "subscribe now and you too can participate in ...."

I will vote yes on this as soon as I finish this Reply.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    ..... Anyone who can afford to mail several prints to different parts of the world can afford to pay a few bucks top be a subscriber.......
    Well said.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think it's good to provide incentives to subscribe, so I voted yes.

If there's someone who is an active participant but can't afford the normal subscription rate for whatever reason (student, hardship, low-value currency, low per capita income, etc.), then there's a half-price subscription rate that works on the honor system, and beyond that there are many generous participants who have been known to pick up subscription costs for those who can't afford it, as well as individuals who can serve as intermediaries for people who don't have a convenient way of paying for a subscription.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I voted yes.

Postage for the prints I send out every exchange is a lot more than the subscription fee. I know there are some members who for one reason or the other find it more difficult to pay the subscription fee than the postage (currency exchange rates can do funny things to your money, and not all currencies can be exchanged at all), but I'm sure we can find a solution to such problems.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I voted yes. I believe it creates more added value to the subscription. This is my first time print exchange and I look forward to the sharing of prints.
    Ron
    Memphis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted yes.

As a guest I get to read what is written.

As a member I get to contribute to the discourse

As a subscriber I get to participate in the exchanges, post images, use the chat, etc etc...

As a moderator I get to rifle through all of your PM's and mess with your profile.

It seems fair and appropriate. If you don't pay you can't play (if you don't pay sean and family will be out on the street).

kidding about the moderator bit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin