Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,572   Online: 1096

View Poll Results: Only Apug Subscribers in the Group Exchange?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

74 79.57%
  • No

15 16.13%
  • Unsure

3 3.23%
  • What's the group exchange?

1 1.08%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe the question should be if someone is the owner of a member organized function should they have the right to close their project off to non-subscribers? I'd rather not impose something like that across the board, but if someone is going through the trouble to manage a project should they be allowed to control access to it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow

As a moderator I get to rifle through all of your PM's and mess with your profile.

kidding about the moderator bit.

Kidding or not, that is pretty funny.

Being new here I am not sure of my feelings but would probably lean toward the subscriber.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I voted yes! It just adds to the value of APUG.

Sunny
    "Never assume that children will remain where you last saw them." --From the Lawn*Boy Operator's Manual

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I voted "yes" because by signing up for a print exchange, you are committing at least three other people to shoot an image, develop the film, print that image, possibly mat and mount a print, package it and mail it to you. All of that activity costs more than a subscription to APUG. If a person can commit to a print exchange but can't afford the subscription, perhaps they should forego the exchange and subscribe instead? Just a thought.

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think (honestly) this is the worst idea since the foundation of APUG. It's not that $25 , it's the principle.
    I suggest to be a subscriber to download a developer recipe.
    I suggest to be a subscriber to exchange DIY plans for LF camera's.
    I suggest to be a subscriber to access the French forum (time to close it anyway - consumes resources and nobody visit it anyway.
    etc.

M.

So be it.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Suppose a 3rd party is involved in the exchange? photog1 send his print to Jeremy, photog2 sends his print to Jeremy, when both prints are in Jeremy forwards them on. If one does not send a print Jeremy can send it back to the original photographer or keep it on hand for a new swap arrangement. Drawbacks are more expense with shipping and more work for Jeremy, but Jeremy might consider the extra work acceptable since he gets to see many prints..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Suppose a 3rd party is involved in the exchange? photog1 send his print to Jeremy, photog2 sends his print to Jeremy, when both prints are in Jeremy forwards them on. If one does not send a print Jeremy can send it back to the original photographer or keep it on hand for a new swap arrangement. Drawbacks are more expense with shipping and more work for Jeremy, but Jeremy might consider the extra work acceptable since he gets to see many prints..
    I've got no problem doing it this way as long as the shipping charges are covered by those involved.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    I voted "yes" because by signing up for a print exchange, you are committing at least three other people to shoot an image, develop the film, print that image, possibly mat and mount a print, package it and mail it to you. All of that activity costs more than a subscription to APUG. If a person can commit to a print exchange but can't afford the subscription, perhaps they should forego the exchange and subscribe instead? Just a thought.

S
    Agreed...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suppose a 3rd party is involved in the exchange? <Snip>
    Immediate thoughts are that there are too many problems to resolve. e.g. Me in UK -> Jeremy in US -> Someone in UK... Or, in this round it would mean, UK -> US -> NZ. Could get rather expensive and would have to know postage from Texas to NZ (can probably find out online) for which Jeremy would have to queue up at the local post office for 40 or 50 packages and then I need a way to get the money to Jeremy to pay for it.

Jeremy won't even get to see the prints after all that unless he unseals them and reseals them afterwards!

As it looks like it is probably going subscriber only from the poll, the number of defaulters will drop, and then drop again as defaulters are weeded out.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Here's a better idea.........group the non subscribers with the people that vote to keep them in..........neither party will feel aggrieved when their committments aren't met.

Clayton

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin