Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,842   Posts: 1,582,645   Online: 1038

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yes Jake! I'm glad to say I just got back from the post office just now!

I have wrapped and packaged them to the best of my budget and abilities, here's hoping they make their journeys in tact.

massive thanks for the prints I have received!

*black dog* beautiful selenium toned still life of a glass jug. really nice contrast and detail!
    *t_nunn* wonderfully moody pictorialist lith print of some wild flowers. great colours, depth of field works well too! (i had intended to send a lith print for this exchange but unfortunately time got the better of me)
    *gr82bart* an impressive polaroid creation in muted colours of some trees. really dreamy atmosphere and very stylish presentation!(plus a warm rusty coloured sill life of some pears as an unexpected bonus - cheers art!)

Thank you everyone! looking forwards to the next round if you'll still have me!

take care

pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Sly. I am glad you enjoyed them. The gateways are ongoing (my nieghbors like thier guns-so I tend to be rather cautious when photographing! Halochrome is a silver toner from Rockland (the Liquid Light folks). Interesting stuff.

No word from kaygee. I hope all is well!

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    How lovely to come home from our camping trip to find 2 prints from Valerie Thanks a bunch Valerie. I'm intrigued by your project with entranceways - will you be posting any to the gallery? The gated one you sent doesn't look very friendly. I quite like the birthday "bonus" photo - captures the excitement of a youngster so well. I've never heard of Halochrome toner before. (I'm discovering on APUG that there is ALOT of stuff I've never heard of.) I've not toned my photos very often - I'll have to do some explorations with toner.
    Have not heard from kaygee - did anyone in group 8 hear from her?
    Sly
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Group 4: I sent out my prints today. Sorry for the delay.

Bastiaan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pedropolis View Post
    ...I'm glad to say I just got back from the post office just now!

I have wrapped and packaged them to the best of my budget and abilities, here's hoping they make their journeys in tact...

Pete, I just received your print in the mail today. I really like how you chose that 1 post to be in focus and the excellent use of depth of field. What I'm assuming are streetlights in the background really balance out the photo. Well done!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Same here-very moody!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Bastiaans print today. As usual a good observation on the humorous side. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention that some time ago, I received a fantastic print from Pedropolis. What a wonderful selective focus perspective. It was worth the wait! Thanks Peter!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have sent out my prints for group 2 today. I place the blame for being late totally on Mark Mombarg. I had prints ready to send, then I recieved my print from Mark. I looked at the fine print that I recieved and the prints I was going to send and had a " This will never do " moment. Since then it has been 4 different " This will never do " attempts. I finally got somthing that will be at least high grade fire starter. Today I recieved a very nice print from Justin ( Cafeharrar ). Makes me wish I was down there on the beach with you. I have been to Nanimo a couple of times and it is truly heaven on earth. Again, Please forgive me for being late.
    Thanks,
    John Berry ( vet173 )

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks John, I had the same problem! Then I ran out of paper, so the prints had to go out :rolleyes: Hopefully they won't take too long to get to our European friends.

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a bit off topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    <snip> I was going to send and had a " This will never do " moment. Since then it has been 4 different " This will never do " attempts. <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by cafeharrar View Post
    I had the same problem! Then I ran out of paper, <snip>
    This is why I like partnering up with a master printer for traditional b&w prints, plus I have no time.

I know the printer can make prints I desire in one shot after meeting with me since he's so much more skilled than I ever could be at this moment in my life. In terms of costs I may have spent a little more, but I definitely saved time and my recipients will get a very high quality print.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin