Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,170   Online: 793

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Papagene

Like Matt I have not had time to look at the print yet. Hopefully I can slow down and get to it.

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Randy
    As long as it arrived safe. I was worried that it got lost in transition.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I received a print from Cara a couple of days ago, I really like the repeating shapes in the gate and the shadows. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Prints in mail

Hello all and happy New Year

My prints for Group 1 were sent out today.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Group 3 - they are finally on their way!

Randy, Art and Gene:

My prints went into the mail yesterday. Thanks for your patience.

I would be remiss if I didn't express my appreciation for the prints I've received.

I have prints in hand from both rlibersky (Randy) and papagene (Gene). They are both 5x7 in size, and both monochrome and both depict older scenes (those are a few of the similarties).

The differences? - Randy's print is on POP, which is a material that I have heard a lot about, but never used or owned. The tones are subtle, and the soft warm tones complement well the detail in the old abandoned vehicle. This is an image I keep returning to.

Gene's photo is a 5x7 contact print. The tones are dark, almost foreboding, and contrast nicely with the smiling caricature someone has added to the old tank. I like how my attention keeps moving back and forth between the small highlight near the edge, and the shadowed central image. This too is an image I keep returning to.

Ironically, for this exchange, I sent a larger than usual pint, and it is a cold toned image (unlike previous efforts). Hope you like it.

Matt

P.S. looking forward to Art's print too

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just received my print from Gary P (Gbphoto). Alll I can say is wow. Rarely do I see prints with this wide of light range pull into a print what would be there visually. Better Printing than I have seen in some shows.
    Thanks,
    John Berry (vet173)
    I had a chance to print some of the lodima. Bottom line, I will walk past any box of Azo to buy this paper. Prints are flatning and later today test strips will be toning mules. Rather than pick a shot and pound on it for a while, I tried a lot of different density range negs to see what the paper likes. So the shots are nothing to really rave about, but kind of lets you know what the paper will like. Exposed to my broke brains best vision of purdy. With the paper at such a premium. These would be good work prints, no burning or dodging so you could see where stuff wants to fall naturally. So give the paper about 20% more credit than shows up in a sub optimum presentation. Plus there is always the constant problem with the loose nut at the end of the cable release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also received a photo from GaryP and it's very beautiful, full of lovely tones and so well printed!
    Thank you so much Gary. I feel so lucky to have one of your prints. I'll send you a Pm soon. Mine are still coming. Been short of money but will be paid on Friday. Thanks for your patience!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Matt I received your print. It is sitting with papagene's. At this point I thought i would wait for Art's, get some coffee and relax while taking them in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlibersky View Post
    Matt I received your print. It is sitting with papagene's. At this point I thought i would wait for Art's, get some coffee and relax while taking them in.
    Thanks for the update - hope it's good coffee .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BWKate and John,

I'm quite the insecure printer at this point and your comments are much appreciated. Thanks !
    Gary

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin