Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,177   Online: 689

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    My prints are on their way!

They have to cross the border, so Lori, Randy and Denis, you need to be patient .

For the first time, I used small mailing tubes with caps. They are simply rolled up and inserted in the tubes.

Matt
    Might try the tube route next time. I sent my prints in stiff envelopes sandwiched between illustration board, plus they were 11x14. Between the size and the weight it cost almost 10 usd each to ship. I choose priority since it was only a dollar more than parcel post. To contrast I receive 2 prints including a 16x20 in a mailing tube and the postage was under 3 usd. The mailing tube seemed quite robust.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got mine out today. Hope they make it okay. Couldn't decide which prints I wanted to send but hope everyone likes them. I packed in cardboard envelopes with a piece of foam board. I always have foam board around that have been used in boards for demonstrations and projects. They are not nice enough to use anymore but they work great to add some bulk to shipping envelopes!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lacking motivation I guess. Still yet to print. Gimme a short bit and I'll be underway.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rtbadman View Post
    Might try the tube route next time. I sent my prints in stiff envelopes sandwiched between illustration board, plus they were 11x14. Between the size and the weight it cost almost 10 usd each to ship. I choose priority since it was only a dollar more than parcel post. To contrast I receive 2 prints including a 16x20 in a mailing tube and the postage was under 3 usd. The mailing tube seemed quite robust.

Roger
    If only we could discover these things the first round
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally an evening to sit down and relax... I have been a little remiss in acknowledging that I have received prints from Charles and Roger (they arrived safe and sound), a nice forest scene with beautiful light from Charles and a photo of a pottery studio/factory from Roger. Roger's makes me wish I had been into photography when I worked in all those old New England factories.

My prints will be in the mail early next week.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lorirfrommontana View Post
    I got mine out today.
    delivered thurs. 18
    opened fri. 19

nice

how did you get the tone of the flowers?
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I mixed the toner a long time ago. I'm not sure what it was! I think it was selenium? or sepia? Whatever it was it was one of the kodak packages with the bleach and toner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been away for a bit, but I've received: Travis' picture from Shenandoah National Park - the matte surface really works for the subject matter; and Amanda's night shot of shipyard buildings which has very interesting tones/toning. Mine are sent. I went the mailing tube route as I recently had the opportunity to print from 6x17 panorama negatives and couldn't find appropriate envelopes for the resulting long skinny prints.

best,

Tim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Received Tim's picture in the mail yesterday. Really like the panoramic print--very nicely done. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seemed to have survived this crazy month of February. I just hope March isn't as insane. Prints are in the mail.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin