Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,414   Online: 875

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would love to be in although i would probably be on the b, or c list, never have been an A list person !!! Although my darkroom is packed up and ready to move at the moment (should be in the new place by early June at latest & darkroom built by July-ish), perhaps I coudl be a silent member until I am up and running?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    Donald,

Is that a "Yes, I'm In Too" ?

Good idea on dividing into groups. We'll see home many are interested.

Jim
    Jim,
    I would become involved in a limited size group, as has been discussed, and every other month.

Images
    I would be interested. Is their interest in making the exchange a critique group as well?

Geary

Images
    not from me...
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be interested if the groups are kept no more than 8-10 at most, maybe one a quarter - with current schedule, I might get that many prints out once every three months, then there should be time to create new ones.

Just another thought.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I want to do this, but it is imperative that it be limited to no more than 1/2 dozen people so that we avoid the "postcard exchange syndrome". I'm sure that most of you know what I'm talking about here. I've got the negatives, I've got the paper and chemicals and don't even resent the postage all that much (although it's > $20.00 when you add them all up because of all the overseas participants). But it's just too much damned time and effort to print 40 postcards each time I want to "reach out and touch someone".

Even if 40 people or so want to participate, we can still accommodate everyone by splitting up into groups. If I'm only sending out 5 or 6 prints a pop, I'll do it much more often. The feedback will be very motivating.

So count me in. Who will compile the list of the subgroups?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    ...and don't even resent the postage all that much (although it's > $20.00 when you add them all up because of all the overseas participants). ...
    Now consider the postage costs for the overseas participants: You're ALL overseas to me!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    C6H6O3 wrote:
    I want to do this, but it is imperative that it be limited to no more than 1/2 dozen people so that we avoid the "postcard exchange syndrome". I'm sure that most of you know what I'm talking about here.

I am in full agreement with Jim on this. The size of the groups is my primary concern.

Images
    So All,
    Let's make some decisions! How about :
    - 6 to a group max
    - groups can have different "missions" such as open forum; critique, just the States, just the EU, just the World, just the Univer....well you get my drift.
    - groups can share prints, every month, every other month, quarterly for 12 months
    - groups can shift mission or participants after 12 months.
    - prints are scanned and posted to APUG...somewhere "special" for all participants to see....

And any other ideas??

I would like the "World, every other month, w/critiques"

Cheers,
    Geary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol, I want to be in Gary's group, and to save on at least one postage expense, i will hand deliver.

BTW Gary say Hi to your daughter from me.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin