Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,051   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Hey I'd like to give this a go. And I promise not to send any radioactive prints.
    Mateo, you disappoint me

I'll go out and take some pictures with my radioactive APO-Lantar lens until I feel better
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format

Print exchange??

This sounds intrigueing! What is this Group print exchange? What are the stipulations?
    Come on guys I wanna play too!:o gimme some details!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I just want to say, that I have received all the pictures from my group. All three guys are going to laugh when they receive mine and see how i package the prints. I think my packing could take a nuclear blast and survive. The enclosure i sent to Ken in Canada is one that Les McLean sent to me. I want to see how far it gets around the group. So hopefully he will send it on.

I love all the prints i got, and look forward to round 2. Keep up the good work guys.
    Being a relatively cheap SOB, I have every intention of reusing the packaging I'll send it on as far as I can, for the next one...
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    This sounds intrigueing! What is this Group print exchange? What are the stipulations?
    Come on guys I wanna play too!:o gimme some details!
    We split up into groups of no more than 5 or 6 (depending on home many join in, the first exchange was groups of 4) and exchange prints with each other.

I love to collect other photographers fine prints and have several from APUG members hanging in my home.

The exchange was started for APUG members who would like to swap prints with each other. Nothing formal about it and critiques are not required, but many appreciate the feedback.

The rules are, well......... not many.

The final print that you send should be something that you would be proud to have hanging in someone elses house.

Fiber prints are preferred to RC. I believe that most everyone mounted their prints for the last exchange, but that is not required.

I will add you to the list.

Thanks!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hmmmm... The "edit" button is not showing up on any of my posts in this thread except for my last one.

The Official Round Two List:

KenM
    Aggie
    Alex Hawley
    jtsatterlee
    Ole
    Nige
    Jim68134
    JMoore
    dlin
    galyons
    photomc
    David A. Goldfarb
    bmac
    L Gebhardt
    mobtown_4x5
    Jeremy Moore
    Mateo
    Leon
    Shesh
    rogueish

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds excellent!
    Thanks for adding me to the list.
    The FB instead of RC preference (but not manditory) sounds good but I doubt I will be able to mount these, the dry press is at school and I may be too busy in nightclass, we'll see. I guess I'll have to pack and pad well.
    Is there any size 8x10, 11x14, 4x6 :rolleyes: regulation? Just to be sure, we send 1(one?) print to each member in our respective group (just say "DUH"!)? I already have the print in mind! Oh and will it matter if the print is B&W only? Sorry gals/guys I don't do colour at this time and it may be a while before that happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds very interesting. Tho my darkroom is in disarray at this time (got to get it back in order and this is a great excuse!), will Round 3 be in September? If so, please count me in for the next round.
    I do enjoy exchanging work with other artists.
    Thanks
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Sounds excellent!
    Is there any size 8x10, 11x14, 4x6 :rolleyes: regulation? Just to be sure, we send 1(one?) print to each member in our respective group (just say "DUH"!)? I already have the print in mind! Oh and will it matter if the print is B&W only? Sorry gals/guys I don't do colour at this time and it may be a while before that happens.
    I'm not aware of any size regulation; but it should be big enough to see and small enough to ship.

I do B&W only myself, as do many other participants. Lately my B&W prints have shown a strong tendency to come out blue or brown, but at least they are monochrome - mostly.

I don't mount. I have no mounting press, nor do I intend to buy one. My last entru as mounted, but with archival tape in a window mount. That may happen again, but there's no guarantee.
    Besides, unmounted prints are less (not more) likely to be damaged in the mail. The mounting boards are stiffer, but break when bent unlike the photo paper which flexes.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Official Round Two List:

KenM
    Aggie
    Alex Hawley
    jtsatterlee
    Ole
    Nige
    Jim68134
    JMoore
    dlin
    galyons
    photomc
    David A. Goldfarb
    bmac
    L Gebhardt
    mobtown_4x5
    Jeremy Moore
    Mateo
    Leon
    Shesh
    rogueish
    David Vickery

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Last call for round 2. I will draw the groups this weekend.

Thanks!!

Jim

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin