Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 819

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like the way that West Coast Imaging ships prints. They put each print in a plastic sleeve with an archival interleaving sheet over the face of the print inside the sleeve. The sleeve is taped to an oversized sheet of corrugated cardboard, and then there is another sheet of corrugated behind that, and two on top, for a total of four sheets (if they are returning disks, transparencies or negs, they go between the two top sheets), and the whole package is enclosed in a cardboard box cut to fit.

For small prints, I think 4 sheets of corrugated inside a corrugated box is probably overkill, so I tend to use two sheets inside a box or envelope, with the print (mounted or unmounted) in a sleeve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I found last time that the folks who shipped prints in any type of flat configuration always ended up with creases.(Esp. if you write "do not bend" on the outside- that's as good as bending it yourself!)

The one non-bent print I received was in a BOX.

Just an observation...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine were not boxes, but I doubt that anyone could have bent my mailings very easily. I use depending on the thickness of the cardboard 2 to 3 oversized sheets of cardboard that I have sandwiched around the print, then duct tape the edges all the way around.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Mine were not boxes, but I doubt that anyone could have bent my mailings very easily. I use depending on the thickness of the cardboard 2 to 3 oversized sheets of cardboard that I have sandwiched around the print, then duct tape the edges all the way around.
    This is what I do too. I haven't had anyone tell me their prints arrived damaged.

I've also heard that you can cut a couple of pieces of 1/8" paneling slightly oversized. It's light and won't bend.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about mailing tubes? The ones that are 5-8 cm (2-3 inches) dia. and made from cardboard. I remember seeing a lady in my old town receive them occasionally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sent mine dry mounted onto archival board with a second board that could be cut if they wished to.

Shooter
    Multi Format

opps!

I sent my prints out, but it seems I forgot to put my info sheet in with them :o
    Opps sorry! I will "PM" the group I'm in later tonight. Leon already got his (a record time for Canada Post) so the others should get theirs shortly as well.
    Even Mr. Moore who is across the pond in a little place called Kent.
    Last edited by rogueish; 08-26-2004 at 01:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling... again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arg, too fast! I'm in your group and I have the photo I'm going to use, but nothing printed yet. I'll just have to get to work this weekend!

Actually, Leon is the one in Kent, I'm way down here in Texas
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    Even Mr. Moore who is across the pond in a little place called Kent.
    Uuummm....
    Opps sorry (again) hehee it seems Mr. Moore actually lives in Texas, and it is actually Leon who lives in Kent.
    Hmmm faster across an ocean to England then next door...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Prints to my three guys were mailed out today. Sorry for the delay guys.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin