Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,709   Online: 912

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Round-2 "Group" Print Exchange

With the first exchange wrapping up it's time to start thinking about the next one.

I will assume that all those who participated in the first one will also be in the second one.

If anyone on the list does NOT want to be included in the second one please let me know.

Anyone wishing to join that was not in the first round please post a message or send me a PM and I will add your name.

Groups will be drawn around around July 30 and prints can be sent anytime between then and September 30th. This will give everyone two months to get prints done and shipped.

Does that sound OK?

Leon... I hope that you can make it this time

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Official Round Two List:

KenM
    Aggie
    Alex Hawley
    jtsatterlee
    Ole
    Nige
    Jim68134
    JMoore
    dlin
    galyons
    photomc
    David A. Goldfarb
    bmac
    L Gebhardt
    mobtown_4x5
    Jeremy Moore
    Mateo
    Leon
    Shesh
    Last edited by JMoore; 07-16-2004 at 08:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    done

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    done

Wow, that was quick!

Thanks Sean.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just a quick note to let everyone know that Jeremy will be in the next exchange.

Because he can not do "traditional" film work any more (I think it has something to do with allergies) his print will be an alternative process print produced from a digital negative.

I have no problem with this and told Jeremy so. But if anyone does NOT want to be in Jeremy's group send me a PM and I will make sure that you are not.

Thanks!!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    Yup, count me in.

Just a word of caution to folks sending prints across the Canada/US border.

Please mark the photograph as a gift, with a value of $0. If you do not, and declare a value, the receiver will be assed both 7% sales tax and a handling fee ($5). While not much, it's still more than I like to pay for an exchange, especially considering that shipping from Canada to the US is relatively expensive, if you want to get it there in less than a year

Thanks folks.
    Good Advice!!

Thanks Ken.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Like Ken M, I sometimes have problems with mail from abroad.

But Norwegian Customs doesn't believe in "$0"... However anything worth less than NOK 200 (USD 25) is exempt from both VAT and handling fee. So "Gift" and "$10" makes life easier (and cheaper) for me!
    (copied from original thread)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just want to say, that I have received all the pictures from my group. All three guys are going to laugh when they receive mine and see how i package the prints. I think my packing could take a nuclear blast and survive. The enclosure i sent to Ken in Canada is one that Les McLean sent to me. I want to see how far it gets around the group. So hopefully he will send it on.

I love all the prints i got, and look forward to round 2. Keep up the good work guys.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey I'd like to give this a go. And I promise not to send any radioactive prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    with the September deadline, I think I can give a tentative yes. All my Darkroom stuff is ready to go in, it's just not in yet, so I should be up and running by then. I'm all excited now!

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin