Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,521   Online: 844

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Um, this is probably a no brainer. I'm not sure if I'll be printing for a while due to recent events. I promise to get someting out. Might not be soon. But someday. Hopefully someday soon. Thanks for your patience. I need a spot more of it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    received some great prints from ccross and paul_c5x4

Paul: the Wild Boar is great! Hope you have some good luck with the 5x4. And the portrait of Jessica is wonderful, great tonalities and the touch of color is just right - a very classy presentation.

Craig: what a great composition! And you are right about the viewing light, in bright light the print virtually glows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello all,

I am guilty (again) of receiving a print and forgetting to mention it here. I received semeuse's print a while ago, hung it on my darkroom wall and forgot to post here.

It's the first portrait I've received in one of these exchanges and I must say I've never been very interested in portraits (probably because I'm not very good at them) so I may not be able to offer much in the way of a critique, other than I do like it. The expression on her face, the mood, the grittiness of the picture all work very well together.

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

P.S. - glad you like the picture I sent, I had a very hard time with that negative. I might try it on a different paper and see if the results are any better.
    Please note, no digital photographers were harmed in the posting of this message.

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/58094723@N02/
    (you can just ignore the digital images)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig -
    Thank you for the comments.
    I think the paper choice for your print is fine - maybe use a grade harder filter. In my experience the Farmer's can also really make a print pop, but it's gotta be real close to start or it looks overdone - what I like is the ability to do just a little reduction, pull it, check it, and if need be, go back and do some more, so you can sneak up on it in small doses.
    Take care -
    Kris

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the appreciative comments-my friends are very happy together [if extremely busy] and have two lovely kids as well.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Craig's (ccross) print arrived a few days ago - Without seeing a print before bleaching, it would be impossible to comment on the result. However, I suspect the subject might benefit from a touch of gold toning (and perhaps selenium) just to add a little punch to the shadows.

Going to hang this one on the wall for while.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations to the Canadian Post. Having sent prints to ccross before (which arrived safely), this time they claim the address does not exist. I suppose it is one way to drive away business and reduce the backlog in the system whilst on strike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Paul, your prints finally made it today. Post marked June 4th, arrived August 5th. I think I saw the mailman riding off on his pony after dropping off the package.

Thanks for the prints (my daughter has already claimed the boar picture).

Take care,
    Craig
    Please note, no digital photographers were harmed in the posting of this message.

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/58094723@N02/
    (you can just ignore the digital images)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, so I haven't received either of my partners' prints yet. Just moved, too, so I will send you guys some PMs.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin