Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,096   Online: 904

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    It's a skill we learn at an early age.. if I told you, I'd have to kill you...
    Considering your location Sile, I was wondering if you had actually meant to say "opening of something with someone from Cork"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera 8.1 (Nikon) has landed.

Stay tuned...will post again shortly.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    WHOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Considering your location Sile, I was wondering if you had actually meant to say "opening of something with someone from Cork"
    Hmmm... I'm a person from Kerry... (originally that is - now from Wicklow.. So any people from Cork who might be here would be compromised... don't listen to them...

Camera 8.1 where are you??
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Hmmm... I'm a person from Kerry... (originally that is - now from Wicklow.. So any people from Cork who might be here would be compromised... don't listen to them...

Camera 8.1 where are you??
    Don'tcha mean 8.2, Shawn has 8.1 in his guarded custody. BTW, put me down for next years holiday, I'll take you up on one of those rooms. I'll bring a chicken.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Speaking of chickens, like I mentioned in the original thread, there is a pic of some on the roll in 8.1.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I told y'all... both cameras were returning.

Come on Simplicius.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Don'tcha mean 8.2, Shawn has 8.1 in his guarded custody. BTW, put me down for next years holiday, I'll take you up on one of those rooms. I'll bring a chicken.
    At this point I'm not sure who I am any more Rick never mind which camera is which! Oh and I'm looking forward to that chicken

Tim.. don't count your camera's until they're hatched!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To All:

I am pleased (once again) to confirm that Camera 8.1 (Nikon) arrived safely yesterday, a full one year, one month, and ten days after it was first launched on June 14th of 2011.

Much kudos, in the end, to Ralph Javins for the finest and most secure packaging job imaginable. Let’s just say I have enough bubble wrap for ten cameras now. Seems like Ralph was not about to risk damage in transit after all this time.

The camera is in great condition. The flimsy battery holder, although not broken, was secured by someone along the way. Thanks to whoever did this!

The package picked up a couple of hitchhikers along the way:

1) Buried deep into the vinyl camera case was a bunch of lapel pins from Manitoba. There are seven of them total, all courtesy of The Banana, who intended them as souvenirs for those who shot after him. It seems most, if not all, missed them, because if you didn’t dig your hand deep into the camera case, you probably didn’t even know they were there. Anyway, I have seven Manitoba lapel pins. I will keep one, and include six of them in the package for Camera 9.

2) AHEM: Whoever threw in the single latex glove – please explain this. It appears clean, but I didn’t look (or smell) too closely.

Finally – waiting on the status of Camera 8.2. Simplicius is about to come through. I am sure Síle has the APUG goonsquad mobilizing, just in case.

Will keep you posted on the processing status shortly.

Regards,

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 07-24-2012 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin