Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,297   Online: 846
      
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3034353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 423
  1. #391
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,425
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    So you got a Baldrock hen, eh?
    Ours is a Plymouth Rock, also known as a Barred Rock. I don't know if they are actually the same but they look similar.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_backyard.jpg

    Not ours, a Google sourced image.

    I didn't notice the brown one in the background. Coincidently we have two chickens and the other one is brown. I don't know what type it is. It is an ex battery hen which was a scrawny thing with hardly any feathers when we got it. It now has full plumage and has put on a bit of weight.


    Steve.

  2. #392

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,500
    Images
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Baltimore again. The B+O roundhouse from West Pratt St.

    I KNEW I knew that building.

    Nice photo.

    tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

  3. #393
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    11,560
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Matt,

    The colors on this one are fantastic. Very nice frame.
    Thanks Shawn.
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  4. #394

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I KNEW I knew that building.

    Nice photo.

    tim in san jose
    Thanks Tim. It's two blocks from my house. The next time I hang onto a traveling camera for 3 months you know exactly where to find me.

  5. #395
    John_Nikon_F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Duvall, WA, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,245
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    *chuckle* So, ya got a Barred Rock hen, eh? In the background, there's another hen, an easter egger. Actually lays green shelled eggs.

    -J
    Fixed typo... grrr...

    -J
    Last edited by John_Nikon_F; 09-02-2012 at 04:48 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fixed it yet again.
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2x2 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 50/2 AI, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

    My FB - My flickr stream

  6. #396
    John_Nikon_F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Duvall, WA, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,245
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Ours is a Plymouth Rock, also known as a Barred Rock. I don't know if they are actually the same but they look similar.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_backyard.jpg

    Not ours, a Google sourced image.

    I didn't notice the brown one in the background. Coincidently we have two chickens and the other one is brown. I don't know what type it is. It is an ex battery hen which was a scrawny thing with hardly any feathers when we got it. It now has full plumage and has put on a bit of weight.


    Steve.
    Steve,

    You're right - wasn't thinking when I typed my original response.

    Hmmm, what color eggs does your brown hen produce?

    -J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2x2 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 50/2 AI, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

    My FB - My flickr stream

  7. #397
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,425
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    what color eggs does your brown hen produce?
    Just the normal very light brown. It produced a white egg once though.


    Steve.

  8. #398

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,500
    Images
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Thanks Tim. It's two blocks from my house. The next time I hang onto a traveling camera for 3 months you know exactly where to find me.
    Actually, I knew where to find you this time. I use to live at Madison and Park.

    *L*

    tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

  9. #399

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Actually, I knew where to find you this time. I use to live at Madison and Park.

    *L*

    tim in san jose
    My other photo is from the corner of Madison and Monument. That's only a block or two away from your old place.

  10. #400
    thebanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,646
    Images
    121
    Early in the AM, very foggy. Hand held may have been a little too ambitious. This the the remains of an old dam on the Assiniboine River, pretty much right in the center of Brandon, Manitoba.This location is very close to the spot where I photographed the unicorn, which unfortunately we won't get to see, as Camera 7 was lost.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin