Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,870   Online: 958

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    * ** *** <--- Tumbleweed
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

To Ralph Javins: An Open Letter on Camera 8.1 (Nikon)

Dear Ralph,

We all hope you are doing well.

I write this this letter to you with hope of appealing to your understanding, as a fellow photographer, that this traveling camera project we are almost at the end of means a great deal to us.

Please rest assured that we are not angry or upset about the delay. It has been less than a year since the camera now in your possession was first mailed out, so the timing is still within the reasonable expectations we started out with. But we are so tantalizingly close to completing this round, that our eagerness to get the camera back from you is growing daily.

When Lisa bowed out, the group graciously allowed you, at your request, to join the list in her place when we could have just finished the round early. We were thrilled to have you as a new member of this group. All seemingly went well with the hand off of the camera to you and the initial enthusiasm and communication you showed. We would love to just get back to that point, and hear from you about your progress with the camera.

Again, that you've had the camera for several months now is not a problem if you can just tell us how we can get the camera back from you. If you've already taken your shot(s), we will be pleased to arrange the return handoff. I know a couple of fellow APUG members have reached out to you in an effort to pick up the camera at a mutually convenient location. If this is feasible, then there seems to us to be no reason why this can't take place within the next few weeks at the most. If you are unable to do this, please send me a PM, and we can discuss it offline. I will be pleased to make other arrangements, either locally, or through the mail. Just say the word.

If you've been following along with the various "one camera" threads, I'm sure you can tell the enthusiasm and work that goes into executing a project like this. Now almost one year in the making, we are extremely eager to see the results of our work and waiting. That you are the last one on the list has only heightened our enthusiasm.

We hope you are doing well, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Shawn
    (on behalf of all your friends at this corner of APUG)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    *crickets*

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shawn is much more of a gentleman than I am.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Shawn is much more of a gentleman than I am.
    My Grandmother, Is Much More Of A Gentleman, Than You Are.
    I'm Just Saying ...

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post
    My Grandmother, Is Much More Of A Gentleman, Than You Are.
    I'm Just Saying ...

Ron
    This is true, and if she had balls she'd be your Grandfather
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When were you a gentleman John??
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    When were you a gentleman John??
    Exactly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ran into Ralph this afternoon at the camera store. I asked if he had our camera, he said no. I asked where it was, he said his GF had sent it to Shawn. I was too steamed to be able to think clearly, so did not think to ask when it was allegedly sent. I only told him as of a few days ago Shawn had not received it. His eyebrows went up. To keep from assaulting him I had to walk away rather quickly.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin