Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,495   Online: 776

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK; Terrific !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    😡 not cool Ralph not cool at all. Weak link in the chain screwed us all. He should be accountable for the cost of the camera, film, and the large sum we have spent shipping this camera around. We spent a lot of time and effort to take our shots and move it along. It's not a hard thing to do, how can you mess up this simple task?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Newt - the answer seems simple to me: the task did not get messed up.

Ralph: if you read this, please send me the camera. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe I was a bit harsh, return the camera. All will be forgiven.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    cameras from this round the world thing get lost in the mail all the time.

when the last camera was lost / MIA did people react like this ?
    nope, they found another camera, and started camera 8 ... ( or was it 7 ? ) ...

if it was me that mailed the camera, and it got lost
    and people involved called me a thief &c i wouldn't respond either ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    cameras from this round the world thing get lost in the mail all the time.

when the last camera was lost / MIA did people react like this ?
    nope, they found another camera, and started camera 8 ... ( or was it 7 ? ) ...

if it was me that mailed the camera, and it got lost
    and people involved called me a thief &c i wouldn't respond either ...
    No.
    Ralph has been emailed, pmailed, I woulda snail mailed him had I had an address. No responses. Not one. I tracked him down through his last posts on APUG. Nothing.

This is not "I gave it to my girl friend and now it's lost." This one is squarely on Ralph.

It is his to decide how we look at him. Right now it is not pretty.

tim not in san jose (at a secret location trying to get a peaceful vacation in)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,

No one is suggesting that Ralph stole the camera. Far from it. The several attempts to get the camera back from Ralph have all been very courteous on our part. These included offers to pay for the shipping expenses; pick up the camera from Ralph; and also pick up the camera at a mutually convenient location, including a drop-off at a camera store that Ralph frequents. Responses from Ralph have varied: 1) the camera is on its way to me; 2) the camera was mailed to me but came back to Ralph undelivered; 3) an agreeement by to drop off the camera at the camera store; 4) Ralph's girlfriend mailed it to me; 5) silence.

All will be fine again and all forgiven (of course) if we: 1) got the camera back; or 2) honestly learned that the camera was lost or somehow damaged. While I can understand the propensity to avoid embarrassmentif if it was lost, I still hold out hope that Ralph understands the importance of this camera to all of us to either return it or tell us what happened. Is a simple private PM too much to ask? Hardly. If I got a PM from him, I would go out of my way to thank him publicly.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Regards,

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 06-14-2012 at 11:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is all my fault really.

In such a haste and while being ill I took such a shabby picture that I completely regret... I made a little voodoo camera and flushed it to spare myself the embarassment of having you all see the photos!
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin,

Damn you! The curse you've unleashed on us will not end with this round, but surely will last into the next one.

That is why, to make it up to us, your picture(s) in Round 9 better be so good as to make up for the crap that the rest of us will no doubt shoot because of your curse.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    This is all my fault really.

In such a haste and while being ill I took such a shabby picture that I completely regret... I made a little voodoo camera and flushed it to spare myself the embarassment of having you all see the photos!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-14-2012 at 02:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: nevermind

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin