Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,278   Online: 856

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim17x View Post
    Count me in!
    Jim,

Got your PM. Welcome to the circus!

It will be a few weeks before we get the cameras launched, so by all means, get comfy.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    +1
    Banana,

That's terrific!

BTW: Your pins are going out with the cameras.

Also, has it started snowing there yet?
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-07-2012 at 07:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not, I'll be down again. 8.1 team assemble! Lol

Please let's do black and white this time, I don't function well in color.

Shooter
    35mm
    I took a ceramics course at Sierra Nevada College a couple years back. Found a box of 30 rolls of Arista slide film. Nobody knew why it was there, so I asked and got it for myself.

I don't know if it's still any good. Looks ancient. But I still have 14 rolls left. I can probably get a roll shot and developed to find out.

Maybe we could do a russian roulette style thing where the film goes out, two people shoot it, and we see if anything comes out. Probably shouldn't do more than 3 to the roll, just in case it doesn't work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Why not, I'll be down again. 8.1 team assemble! Lol

Please let's do black and white this time, I don't function well in color.

Superb! Can you send me a PM with your info again? (see post #11).

Pretty sure we're doing Tri-X this time, so you're on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since there have been 8 of these events before, I suppose you all know what the objective and basic game plan is, but it's a mystery to me. I read the whole thread, and I can't tell what this is about. Can someone explain what the objective is, and how it works?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by technowizard12 View Post
    I took a ceramics course at Sierra Nevada College a couple years back. Found a box of 30 rolls of Arista slide film. Nobody knew why it was there, so I asked and got it for myself.

I don't know if it's still any good. Looks ancient. But I still have 14 rolls left. I can probably get a roll shot and developed to find out.

Maybe we could do a russian roulette style thing where the film goes out, two people shoot it, and we see if anything comes out. Probably shouldn't do more than 3 to the roll, just in case it doesn't work.
    Thanks for the offer, but with the crappy cameras we're sending out, we need all the exposure latitude we can get! We'll stick with the fresh-dated print film to insure maximum results for our year long (+) efforts.

BTW - loved your suggestion about the Rollei disposable! I actually have one that is still current-dated, but it only has 27 exposures, so we have to wait until we see what the final list(s) look like.

Regards,

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-07-2012 at 08:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    Since there have been 8 of these events before, I suppose you all know what the objective and basic game plan is, but it's a mystery to me. I read the whole thread, and I can't tell what this is about. Can someone explain what the objective is, and how it works?
    Game plan?

BTW: You're supposed to join first, and ask questions later!

Up until now, it's basically been something like this:

1) Get the camera
    2) Take one or two shots
    3) Mail the camera to the next person on the list
    4) Post a pagan chicken recipe (with dashes of caustic wit)
    5) Wonder in amazement at how long the whole process takes
    6) MAYBE get to see actual pictures if the camera makes it all the way through

But we can talk any game plan you'd like! I believe previous attempts to come up with common themes have met with howls of derision from indecision. So basically, shoot anything you like!

Personally, I'd love to see something representative from everyone's hometown, but how (un)artistic and boring is that?

Oh - before I forget - don't try to understand the chicken thing.

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-07-2012 at 08:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Jim,

Got your PM. Welcome to the circus!

It will be a few weeks before we get the cameras launched, so by all means, get comfy.

Shawn

Thank you Shawn.. Im excited to partake in the traveling camera adventure.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds fun. It happens that I collect pagan chicken recipes, but I confess I don't understand why. It's hard to imagine how it could take that long for the camera to make the rounds, but ... ah right, who am I kidding? I've been guilty of gross procrastination a time or two myself. That may be an understatement.

Depending on the number of people participating, there could be multiple cameras. People from each camera team could post when they'd forwarded the camera on. The thrill of competition or the shame of public opprobrium could become an incentive to slackers to take a picture, forward the camera, and post their pagan chicken recipe.

Who does the developing and/or printing when it's all over? How/where are the images displayed?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin