Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,127   Online: 1160

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Round 9: Signup & Pre-Launch Discussion

We’ll never learn, it seems.

If the inefficiency, madness, laughter, frustration, and (hopefully) rewards of the past few rounds have not proved fatal to your participation in these “Shoot 1 Camera” endeavors, all are called on to deliberate on the next several cameras currently being tested and prepared for launch.

Whatever your motivations with this forum, either as participant or lurker, it seems we are capable of coming up with a more rewarding experience for all.

While requisites like film, themes, logistics, and rules will have to be ironed out, isn’t there a broader artistic endeavor or end that unites us here? Or is this just about the journey itself?

So while we wait for the fruits the Round 8 cameras will soon bring, JOIN ROUND 9 HERE - and by all means, sound off!

We’ll fix the list(s), the film, and the number of cameras somewhere along the way.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-06-2012 at 10:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sign Me Up !

Ron

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Because I held onto camera 8 for so long, I think I'll penalize myself by sitting out of round 9. I do have a Vivitar UWS laying around that I could donate to the cause. The weight can't be more than a few ounces. A fun camera and much cheaper to ship internationally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What the hell. I have another 16 or so months to put into another round. Count me in.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be interested in playing this round. Might be able help out with a camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matthew: We're testing a number of cameras right now, but the Vivitar UWS would be a splendid addition and a great diversion. Sending you a PM. Very generous of you.

And hope you'll reconsider participating! There will be plenty of room this round.
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 08-06-2012 at 10:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    I'd be interested in playing this round. Might be able help out with a camera.
    Thanks. Definitely putting you down to participate this round!

We're testing out a number of cameras now, but would love to consider what you have if you feel like donating. Send me a PM if you want to take the discussion offline.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    First timer, sign me up.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recall that we conducted a film poll last round, and ended up with Portra 400.

Shall we put it to a vote again, or is everyone cool with going with B&W (Tri-X) this time?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Because I held onto camera 8 for so long, I think I'll penalize myself by sitting out of round 9. I do have a Vivitar UWS laying around that I could donate to the cause. The weight can't be more than a few ounces. A fun camera and much cheaper to ship internationally.
    I read the below post a while ago and have always wanted to see one of these, 22mm lens....it looks wonderful....
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum234/...wide-slim.html
    Andy

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin