Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 820

Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12161718192021222324252627283272122 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica & Stylus Around the World: Round #9

It's just a few snap shots, don't stress out about it. The great thing is when the cameras come back we get to see a little slice of life from all over, so anything is fine and interesting. Maybe a picture of the car that has been its home for the past few days, maybe the street where you work after the rain. Just carry it with you and I am sure you will get a chance to snap something you like in a short while and send it on its way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rain? Here?

Make it easy on yourself. Shoot us some chickens. With a barbecue positioned in the background. And an axe leaning on a stump to one side. Or shoot your latest Volvo project.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or better yet, go down to the market for a couple of chicken corpses. Arrange them in front of your henhouse. Leave them in the packages.

Besides, Shawn has been holding on to the European camera for WAY longer than necessary...
    Last edited by flatulent1; 03-11-2013 at 09:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to just pass the camera on without taking my shots. Ever since I've received it, it's been on the rear seat. Either the weather's been crappy, I've been driving a different vehicle, or, I just haven't had the time/motivation to whip it out and take the two necessary shots when the weather has been nice and I've been driving the car that it's sitting in. My part of the Seattle area is supposed to be receiving some flooding due to heavy rains forecast over the next 2-3 days. I could take a couple pics of that, but I've held it up too long, IMO.

-J
    Portraits? Self-portraits? Pictures of rain pouring off your roof? Pictures of your dog/cat/rabbit/hamster/lizard/gerbil/horse/tarantula/monkey/rat/bird/cow/chicken/snake/ferret/goat/houseboy?

Edit: How about pictures of your _Nikon_F?
    Last edited by lxdude; 03-11-2013 at 10:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm seriously tempted to just pass the camera on without taking my shots. Ever since I've received it, it's been on the rear seat. Either the weather's been crappy, I've been driving a different vehicle, or, I just haven't had the time/motivation to whip it out and take the two necessary shots when the weather has been nice and I've been driving the car that it's sitting in. My part of the Seattle area is supposed to be receiving some flooding due to heavy rains forecast over the next 2-3 days. I could take a couple pics of that, but I've held it up too long, IMO.

-J
    John, at the very least, take the camera from the rear seat and put it on the front seat. When you leave the car take the camera with you. You know all those awesome shots you've seen when you didn't have a camera with you? Revisit with the camera. It would be a bit of a shame if you sent it off with nary a click.
    -Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    John, at the very least, take the camera from the rear seat and put it on the front seat. When you leave the car take the camera with you.
    This.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm

-J
    Robert Frank took a pretty good shot without even leaving the car. Garry Winogrand too. And Lee Friedlander. You could stand with giants! If you pass it on 'blank' you'll hate yourself.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post

Maybe Camera 10 will be self nudes for a theme?

tim
    Without faces. Then we could have a contest trying to match bodies to participants
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Robert Frank took a pretty good shot without even leaving the car. Garry Winogrand too. And Lee Friedlander. You could stand with giants! If you pass it on 'blank' you'll hate yourself.

s-a
    You mean "sit" with giants don'tcha?

Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    Without faces. Then we could have a contest trying to match bodies to participants
    I'm the chubby one with the great gams.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    You mean "sit" with giants don'tcha?
    Ha! But yes! Giants don't care though, because they're giants.
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin