Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,505   Online: 683

Page 41 of 123 FirstFirst ... 31353637383940414243444546475191 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My ex gf's mum keeps chickens, she's always had a tradition of giving them old-lady names. One year we got 4 and named one each (me, my gf, her mum and step-dad). I instantly thought "i want to get a Barnavelda and name it Esmerelda". Guess what? When they got the chicks, we drove up to their house, the step-dad had already named his Esmerelda. Damn his ESP. So I named mine Agatha, as in Agatha Crispie, that poor bird spent the rest of its life being called "Crispy Chicken".
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Although Tim claims that it is not possible, I think it is. And here is my lame attempt to do so. I think it all comes from someone in this exchange using German language. "sending something by mail" in German is "etwas per Post schicken" and there you have it, some poor soul forgot about the 's' in schicken and so it got chicken.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Wow, I am new round here, and taking part in my first "Let's all shoot one camera" and I thought is was based on the old adage, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". I love that it based on a semantic nuance...haa

Well I guess I should add a chicken comment. We had chickens when I was a kid. Great times! One of the best names of the many chickens we had was Plain Pig and Orange Pig. Both hens couldn't stop eating, one was drab and gray (Plain Pig) the other was drab and gray but with a little orange on her feathers (Orange Pig)......I know, not as funny as the rest of you are....but oh well, gotta add my chicken namess to the thread....I've tons more
    Andy

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Ham is Schinken in German. Now that you have the camera, you have to sacrifice a ham.
    And the 'Sch' is not pronounced like in School but rather like "Shinken". OK, keeping that in mind here comes my ham duty:

There is some kind of martial arts called Ken Shin Kan (I think) and I once saw an advertising poster where they wrote it wrong and advertised a sport called Shin-Ken. Well when I saw it I thought THAT might be an interesting kind of sports to punch ham and then afterwards ... eat it? And if I think about competitions where the fighters are introduced in the ring ... think of: "Welcoooooooooooooome Heinriiiiiiiiiiiich the ham hammer Schmidt!" ... oh no, I should stop here, it is not easy to play with words in a foreign language. But at least I could contribute something about ham

I will chicken the camera to the next one on the list in the next few days as I took the images last weekend ... Oh, just to make sure that I did it right everyone was supposed to take 10 images?

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... oh no, I should stop here, it is not easy to play with words in a foreign language. But at least I could contribute something about ham
    Well done...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I will chicken the camera to the next one on the list in the next few days as I took the images last weekend ... Oh, just to make sure that I did it right everyone was supposed to take 10 images?

Cheers
    Ruediger

Ruediger,

If you took ten shots, then please put down that ham sandwich and chicken yourself over to the nearest film store and buy another roll for us!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Ruediger,

If you took ten shots, then please put down that ham sandwich and chicken yourself over to the nearest film store and buy another roll for us!
    No, I took two shots as I wrote. Sorry, internal IT folks joke ... There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

But honestly, I took two images, one with the main subject in the middle and one where I did not press the shutter too hard to be unable to reframe after focusing

But here is another chicken ...

Ken: How do you like my new camera.
    Barbie: It is chic Ken.

OK sorry, that was another lame one too. I will stop this now. Promised!

Cheers
    Ruediger

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The next one on the list, would that happen to be me? Or did I miss any updates of http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1482147 ?
    Anyway, I'll start thinking about the 00000010 shots that I am supposed to take.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    The next one on the list, would that happen to be me? Or did I miss any updates of http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1482147 ?
    Anyway, I'll start thinking about the 00000010 shots that I am supposed to take.
    Yes, as far as I can tell you are the next on the list. May the chicken be with you.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format

OK sorry, that was another lame one too. I will stop this now. Promised!
    Lame perhaps, but you were able to pullet off.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Lame perhaps, but you were able to pullet off.
    Hah! That is a good one.

Cheers
    Ruediger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin