Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,783   Online: 1189

Page 49 of 123 FirstFirst ... 39434445464748495051525354555999 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Holy crap Shawn, I personally know how that feels, had both my shoulders rebuilt, my left was the worse(result of a dog attack). Oh ya, I'm left handed and learning to do everything right handed was interresting to say the least.
    Get well soon, and as to the cameras, they'll show up(they always eventually do), and try not to rely on the meds, you'll regret it later. I found that ice packs work better than drugs.
    Thanks, Rick. The first week as absolutely awful, mainly because of the meds. Great for the pain, but upended my entire being in every other way. I had to get off them totally, and resorted to OTC and ice. Three PT sessions now, and doing much better. Thank heavens for one-handed-do-everything-automatic cameras! Glad I still had one of those.

About your rebuilt shoulders - do you mean good as new? Or do we never rid ourselves completely of the discomfort?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    Thanks, Rick. The first week as absolutely awful, mainly because of the meds. Great for the pain, but upended my entire being in every other way. I had to get off them totally, and resorted to OTC and ice. Three PT sessions now, and doing much better. Thank heavens for one-handed-do-everything-automatic cameras! Glad I still had one of those.

About your rebuilt shoulders - do you mean good as new? Or do we never rid ourselves completely of the discomfort?
    Good as it's ever gonna get, no such thing as good as new at my age. The neighbors dog tore me up pretty badly, tore the bicep completely loose from my arm, tore the rotator cuff, tore the labrum head. I am wired, stapled, and stitched with bailing wire. It's been nearly five years since the surgery, and I still can't sleep on my left side, it causes me wake up in pain. Oh, and my wonderful neighbor that owned the mutt--- still hasn't made good on paying the medical expenses, and tells everyone that I'm "victimizing him" because of the law suit(his dog was loose in my yard when it attacked me). However, life gets better. It takes a long time to rehab from a shoulder injury. My orthopaed advised me that it's the worst to come back from, you HAVE to use the joint or loose the use altogether.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lx: Ain't much to do when it is 110 degrees out, huh? Hope you get some relief soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me, it means it's time to get into squirt-gun fights with the neighbor kids. Renovating the house means all the old insulation is out, and no A/C. So it's cooler outside!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been rainy and cool here in the woods, gets boring sitting and watching the rain fall.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are we there yet??? My chicken is getting antsy waiting for his turn.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So are my sheep. But that's another story.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The eagle has landed!

The Leica finally made it to Japan, the same week rainy season officially ended (this is important to me, as the last time I had a camera for this exchange, was almost exactly 2 years ago during, guess what, the rainy season).

I'm not going to make any promises (that seems to end in disaster in these rounds), but I do have a three-day sunny weekend up ahead, so here's hoping I'll send the camera back on its way soon. Does anyone know where it's going next? After 49 pages of highly relevant posts, I have no idea.
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 07-11-2013 at 06:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin