Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,328   Online: 1049

Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7475152535455565758596061626367107 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... I be off today on a 2000 mile road trip with daughter. 2 digital cameras, a digital movie camera, a Mamiya 645 (two lens), and the rb67 (3 lens). Decided not to bring the Deardorff, too much time in a hot truck for that wooden body camera.

Wish me luck.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Well... I be off today on a 2000 mile road trip with daughter. 2 digital cameras, a digital movie camera, a Mamiya 645 (two lens), and the rb67 (3 lens). Decided not to bring the Deardorff, too much time in a hot truck for that wooden body camera.

Wish me luck.

tim in san jose
    Wow. Have fun!

Let me know how you manage shooting with that many cameras ( I ask because I generally prefer traveling with less choices for the camera)

- via tapatalk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe you should use a cool box ?

Or, as you will not bring your Deardorff, and it will be left alone, can you send it us as camera 9-ter ? We will liberally provide sheets film..

Have a nice travel,

Raphael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Wow. Have fun!

Let me know how you manage shooting with that many cameras ( I ask because I generally prefer traveling with less choices for the camera)

- via tapatalk.
    One of the digitals and the movie camera are my daughters. The others.. this is a reduced camera load. Notice no 135? No 120 folders, no 127 TLR... I AM getting better.

tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wish me luck.

tim in san jose
    Good luck, Tim! Sounds like a terriffic father/daughter bonding thing. I'm looking forward to doing one with my daughter someday, but right now I can't get her to sit still for 5 minutes, much less for 2.000 miles. Also she yells at me too much.

I did a cross country (L.A. to NYC) road trip a number of years ago, and of the thousand-plus digital shots and 12 rolls of 120 chrome, my single favorite shot was with a Mamiya 645: a wide-view shot of nothing but the road and blue sky on Provia.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Shawn Rahman; 07-30-2013 at 11:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to update: the camera is back on the move again. Sorry for the slight delay everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Some good news and bad news...

The good news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

The bad news is: I know where the camera is -- it's in my house.

Some Japan Post guy came to my door tonight (I was expecting my package from Amazon) and after a fairly convoluted discussion in Japanese (which I really don't understand), we were able to determine that JapanPost has figured out that there is some kind of "machine" in my package (a.k.a. "the camera") that has a battery in it, which is apparently very dangerous ("security very very"). So looks like I'll have to remove the battery in order to get it out of the country. I suppose I could just keep it in the box, outside of the camera, but I have a feeling I'd just get another knock on the door reminding me of the very very security risk I have on a package covered in Hello Kitty stamps.

So there'll be a slight delay (I'll get it out tomorrow or this weekend), and I guess I can be pretty confident that the x-rays they used to scan the package will have erased the beautiful, but rare, three-horned Japanese unicorn (smaller than the regular kind, of course) that I managed to capture in the bamboo grove at my university.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Delay? What delay? You haven't even had it a month yet. Jeez, you're setting a bad precedent!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another update...

The trip to the canyon was great. Hauling the 645 around my neck or in a backpack going up and down trails is a PITB but worth it. Amazingly, not many if any other film cameras showed up on the trails. Perhaps some of those 35mm cameras but I think most of those were high end digitals. And the only people who even recognized what I was carrying were from Asia. They were impressed I was hanging a 645 1000 around my neck, with a 45mm lens, yellow or red filter...

But now... she want to come back and do the rim to rim. And by gawd, if she wants to do it, we will do it. Dad needs to get in shape in the next year... Now to figure out what camera to take to the bottom of the canyon. Lots of time to decide.

Home tomorrow. Hope the truck makes it, the transmission is getting a bit persnickity going into gear at stop lights. Could be too much continuous 75 to 80 mph running. Could be numerous down shift, up shift combos going through the mountains.

Wish me luck again or I might be doing a photo series on sitting by the side of interstate 5 in the San Jaquine valley.

I would recommend the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to anyone. Peace and relaxation. And bitches of trail hikes if you are so inclined.

tim in Las Vegas NV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you and the kid had a super time. My teenage daughter and I go on many a lark together, she's into back packing and camping, not to mention hunting and fishing.
    Also, sounds like the tranny needs flushed and a new filter installed.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Also, sounds like the tranny needs flushed and a new filter installed.
    Manual transmission. Sounds like the syncros are going. Should be OK once I'm in fifth.

Thanks for the thoughts.

tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin