Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,680   Online: 773

Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 17576162636465666768697071727377 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I JUST cannot believe you would put your PhD dissertation issues ahead of "We all shoot one camera". Better vetting next time guys.

So where is the other camera? Greenland?

tim in san jose
    Yeah! Where are the priorities?!?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    The Brooklyn Bridge? Never get enough of looking at it, and I have a view of it all day out of my office window.

On that note, depending on what the shutter count is, perhaps you and Marc can take 3 shots each. Don't want to seem unfair to the others, but it seems foolish to waste frames or film. Between the last three of us, we should finish the film.

Also, Steve - if you want to save on the packaging and mailing, I can meet you in Brooklyn or Manhattan for the Leica's final hand-off.

Regards,

Shawn
    Yea Shawn Im totally down, put that mailing money to good use (beers!). Brooklyn or Manhattan works well for me too. I work in the east village and dont get out til late like 8:30ish but I am free on Tuesdays and Fridays most anytime.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Yea Shawn Im totally down, put that mailing money to good use (beers!). Brooklyn or Manhattan works well for me too. I work in the east village and dont get out til late like 8:30ish but I am free on Tuesdays and Fridays most anytime.
    Have you thought about photos of space aliens in the east village? MIB IV

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Have you thought about photos of space aliens in the east village? MIB IV

tim in san jose
    Come Halloween I can guarantee a few alien sightings at the village parade!

Also, along the lines of getting aliens on film, does anyone remember the episode of married with children, where Al meets these little aliens who need fuel for their ship? Where they let him take pics to sell in exchange for the fuel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sacrificed some coconut chicken in hopes of getting the Oly moving again.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking the only way we're going to get that camera moving again is with a strong laxative. I have several in the medicine chest, if anyone is interested....
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I'm thinking the only way we're going to get that camera moving again is with a strong laxative. I have several in the medicine chest, if anyone is interested....
    Who's going to deliver it?
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not me. I don't have rubber gloves that long.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shots taken. The Leica will hit the road again tomorrow. Shawn, the film counter is now at 24.

-Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    On the Stylus: After hearing from Nicholai about two weeks ago, more radio-silence.

In the spirit of democracy, let's put it to a vote: we can wait for the Stylus, or we can send out another camera (it is ready to go right now). What do y'all reckon?
    Wow, the Leica is flying! Now, what to do about the Stylus... Shawn has suggested replacing it, which would be sad and should only happen as a last resort. It seems that Nicholai really like this camera and doesn't want to part with it, or it's lost in his basement. So, perhaps the pitchforks and torches need to be lit? I think chickens have passed their time of usefulness... maybe tar and feathers? Any suggestions???
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin