Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,499   Posts: 1,571,583   Online: 1206

Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 18586263646566676869707172737478118 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where does he live? Road trip!
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    9405903699300102641979. That is the USPS tracking number for the Leica on it's way to Newt_on_Swings in NY. We're almost to the end!

I don't know if this suggestion has come up in the past but, for a future traveling camera, I was thinking about passing around a Nikon FM (or similar) body (no lens) where the participants use their own (or borrowed) Nikon mount lens for their shot(s). We would have to be real careful about who can be on the list, though. No newbies, I'm afraid...unless, a traveling camera veteran can vouch for a newbie applicant. The camera could also be a Canon, Minolta, Olympus or Pentax, too. That would be voted on. Just a thought. I have a fully working, slightly beat-up, FM I would be willing to sacrifice.

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    I have a fully working, slightly beat-up, FM I would be willing to sacrifice.

-Marc

Hopefully not sacrifice!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    9405903699300102641979. That is the USPS tracking number for the Leica on it's way to Newt_on_Swings in NY. We're almost to the end!

I don't know if this suggestion has come up in the past but, for a future traveling camera, I was thinking about passing around a Nikon FM (or similar) body (no lens) where the participants use their own (or borrowed) Nikon mount lens for their shot(s). We would have to be real careful about who can be on the list, though. No newbies, I'm afraid...unless, a traveling camera veteran can vouch for a newbie applicant. The camera could also be a Canon, Minolta, Olympus or Pentax, too. That would be voted on. Just a thought. I have a fully working, slightly beat-up, FM I would be willing to sacrifice.

-Marc
    Did that on the Nikonians site. Had a "World Rotational Beatermat" camera, where people used a Nikkormat FTn with their lenses and film. First camera went MIA somewhere in transit. Second camera, which I purchased myself to replace the first one, was stolen by the first person to get it. At that point, I realized that it wasn't something that was going to work. This was prior to KEH doing their Nikkormat grab boxes on eBay, so it wasn't like I had a few cameras to push through as replacements.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I think we're better off sticking with the P&S cameras. If one disappears, it means that the film disappears, but, unlike an SLR body, the camera replacement won't cost much.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Did that on the Nikonians site. Had a "World Rotational Beatermat" camera, where people used a Nikkormat FTn with their lenses and film. First camera went MIA somewhere in transit. Second camera, which I purchased myself to replace the first one, was stolen by the first person to get it. At that point, I realized that it wasn't something that was going to work. This was prior to KEH doing their Nikkormat grab boxes on eBay, so it wasn't like I had a few cameras to push through as replacements.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I think we're better off sticking with the P&S cameras. If one disappears, it means that the film disappears, but, unlike an SLR body, the camera replacement won't cost much.

-J
    Well, perhaps you're right, John. I thought with our group there are enough trustworthy veterans to do this by invitation only, perhaps. With just 12 participants we could do 3 images each. Triptychs from around the world! On the other hand, the package would weigh about 1 lb. 12 oz. and cost almost $10 within the U.S. Shipping internationally might make idea prohibitive. Okay, never mind. : )

-Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the idea. Limit the list to those 'someone' deems trustworthy. We could pass two or three cameras around simultaneously. I recommend some low-end unremarkable cameras, like a Nikon EM, Canon AE-1 (I have one I'm not using), Pentax LX... Alternatively a loaded medium format camera back could be used, especially if we scare up some 220 film. (I have several spare M645 backs and 220 inserts available.)

Participant list would be fairly short, shipping cost advertised up front. Everyone sends the leader a $1000 deposit for participation, and away we go. I'll be the first leader!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I'll be the first leader!
    I don't pull rank here very often but...
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Rahman View Post
    On the Stylus: After hearing from Nicholai about two weeks ago, more radio-silence.

In the spirit of democracy, let's put it to a vote: we can wait for the Stylus, or we can send out another camera (it is ready to go right now). What do y'all reckon?
    Aint' no fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Willing to go with the majority on the Oly. Winter will be here shortly, and in these parts we don't get the really good snow scenes very often. So I can wait... But it would be nice to see something moving. :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Leica arrived safe and sound! Just in time for Halloween! I think its on 26 shots, how many should I take like 3-4?

Also I kinda dig the provide your own lens SLR deal, I can also offer up an olympus OM40/PC, which i used to shoot in great shape if theres enough interest with everyone to go OM lenses.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin